Skip to content

Suggestions

Please submit your ideas here for how we can improve Studio Helper. You have 10 votes you can use to vote for the ideas you’d like us to do next.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

69 results found

1. Custom Attendance Status'

In the attendance section there is no way for teachers to schedule / report make-up lessons. This requires our teachers to email in our company any time a make-up lesson is completed.

It'd be cool if there was a way for us to have the attendance options be:

Attended
    Excused
    Unexcused

If the option Excused was chosen then a little link would pop up to report a make-up lesson completed, which would show up in the attendance records.

This would be a huge huge fix for us.

136 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    21 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Changing the name of this suggestion as we are working on the custom attendance status’. We will still use the basic three ways to charge, attended, cancelled and absent. But you will be able to make a custom attendance name and use one of the status’ list whether it will be charged or not. Once this goes live, if there are other areas you think would benefit SH, please put that in a new suggestion.

2. No longer charge for former students

Currently the software bills for inactive students and one has to manually delete any students that are currently inactive to avoid being billed for them. The additional charge per student is stomach able as it is assumed that if one has additional active students they will have be making enough money to not mind the additional little slice of the pie being given out. However, the deletion of former students messes up both some of the current reports, past invoices, and most of the records associated with the account. Please change the billing feature to only charge to active students…

125 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. change attendance notes to be emailed to parents when students have no email.

Currently, teachers cannot have attendance notes sent to parents when the student's email is blank. This option currently works for staff members and above, but it is most important for the teachers. Our parents like and expect to receive the notes for their children.

123 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Dale Pearl responded

Our programmers just added this into the application for you!

4. Calendar- drag and drop + reschedule & Forfeit options

I'd love to be able to drag an event on the calendar instead of going into the event and changing the time or date etc. i'd also love to have under attendance two more options: reschedule and forfeit. if a client informs us they're not coming too late the lesson is forfeit and that'll give me a chance to keep track, then if they let us know in a timely manner i'd love to have an option that says reschedule and then we can reschedule their lesson.

67 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It took a while to get this done (longer than it should have), but we now have a drag and drop calendar in Studio Helper. Along with the drag and drop functionality, there is also now a month view, and a few other minor improvements that we’re still working to refine. We welcome your feedback on how we can make this even better. :)

5. Allow a "blackout" option for the calendar

If the studio is closed for spring break, or for an event, etc, the calendar is locked down on that day and teachers are not allowed to book lessons.

If you look at the calendar, it should be easy to see that the blackout days are not available to be booked, and a description of why (ie: spring break, thanksgiving, etc).

64 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Cathy Conrad responded

This is finished….Create blackouts by going to calendar>setup>studio closure dates….keep in mind that you will not be able to create a black out date until all events are removed from that particular time frame.

6. Change Event Time Intervals to every 15 minutes as default

Wondering if it would be possible to have the default 'start time' and 'end time' display in increments of 15 minutes as opposed to 30 minutes.

We have many events that begin/end at :00, :15, :30, :45 and last anywhere from 30-120 minutes.

Thanks!

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great news! We’ve been working hard on this feature and are excited to release it to you. We hope you enjoy this newest feature!

7. Be able to control times that are shown on the calendar

HOW ABOUT BEING ABLE TO CUSTOMIZE THE TIMES ON THE CALENDAR-FOR EXAMPLE WE DO NOT TEACH LESSONS AT 2 IN THE MORNING! MOST OF OUR LESSONS ARE AFTER SCHOOL AND IN THE EVENINGS-IT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE THE CALENDAR THEY WAY WE WANT IT, AND NOT HAVE TO SCROLL DOWN FROM 12AM TO SEE THE 4PM

52 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m happy to say that this is now possible. If you go to Settings → Studio Settings, you can specify the start and end times that are visible on the calendar for each day.

Let us know if you have any questions about this.

8. Remove the "Repeat Until" Requirement for Events

Anonymous wrote:

Hi there!
    Love the online app.
    Just one thing... I'm not sure I'm keen on the 'Repeat' requirement for events. What's the point of it? Because we have no way of knowing when a student will cease lessons, surely it would be easier to add a 'Until Further Notice' button, which will add the lesson to the calendar each week until we cancel it.
    Let me know what you think.

Thanks!
    Andy

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great news! We’ve been working hard on this feature and are excited to release it to you. We hope you enjoy this newest feature!

9. Allow multiple teachers on event

For certain classes, we have multiple teachers on the same event. Rather than clutter the admin. calendar with a separate event for each teacher, it would be nice to be able have multiple teachers on an event.

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Track teacher pay rates, and reports for teacher performance

I currently use the lessons taught report and cross reference other sources to pay my teachers.

I would like to use studio helper to:
    - track pay rate by teacher
    - track how much I owe them
    - track/schedule payment dates

In addition, (another feature set) I would like to track teacher performance based on studio helper data including: Retention rate (average time a student stays with the teacher), trial lesson conversions, absenteeism, referrals)

I'm fairly new to the program so I may be missing the ability to do some of this already......

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You will now see a rate tab within teacher profiles in order to list how you pay them. A report is next in order to track that pay.

11. Account credits need to show up on the invoice

If there's an credit on someone's account, there should be a line item in the invoice that adds this in. This way the client can see their credit.

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have implemented a better way of tracking credits. If a family has a credit, it will now show up in their money tab under credits. The statement view also shows the list of credits. It now shows in the payments list along with the credits list.

12. Automatic recurring credit card billing!!!

To automatically charge credit cards for lessons, in place of just invoices. I like getting the money in the account, and not spending my time collecting invoices. The commitment to pay for lessons on a monthly agreement is much easier. I will use this program when monthly billing can be done automatically, not invoices.

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow more then 7 teachers to be seen on the Calendar Teacher view.

Allow more then 7 teachers to be seen on the Calendar Teacher view.

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It’s unclear to me when this was changed, but currently, if you have more than 7 teachers, it will show them all. This makes for a very difficult calendar to read for many cases, but I would say this is completed.

14. Be able to change/edit events from calendar view, rather than having to go to the event

You can currently "delete" an event form calendar view, which saves allot of time, rather than having to go to the event profile and click delete. It would be nice to have the option to set an event to canceled, or change title, or move time, without having to click to the event profile, and lose your calendar view. For example: if I get a call to change someone's lesson around, it makes it easy to just plug in the new time for that makeup lesson, rather than have to go to the event time, and make sure I'm not…

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

At this time, it is possible to cancel an entire event from the popup. The new drag and drop functionality allows you to change the date and/or time without opening the full edit screen. If different functionality is required, please enter a new suggestion for it so that we can evaluate the specifics involved.

15. have the option to send a welcome email when register a new family or student

In the add new family area have a option like Music Teacher Helper to send a welcome letter without having to go to the email section.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

At the bottom of profiles there is now a check box that you can check if you want to send a welcome email. The email templates are found in people>email templates>system templates

16. Single-Day or week Event Deletion

Enable single-day or multiple day deletion on the calendar to allow our school to show its holidays/break days... instead of having to delete each teacher's classes/lessons one event at a time for the entire day or week(s). This would be very helpful.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Sync with Google Calendar

Please allow us to sync our calendar with Google calendar. This will make it possible for us to have our calendar on all our devices (including iPhone), and also allow us to share our calendar with those who are not logged into Studio Helper.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now sync your calendar with Google Calendar, iCal, and other calendars! This is a one-way sync from Studio Helper to those calendar using an iCal feed. For instructions, click the Feed link in the calendar sidebar.

18. Payroll tool with only lessons paid by students that haven't been paid to teachers yet

We currently have to post the schedule and invoices in AIMsi and SH. This is the only way I can get an accurate listing of what lessons are paid for so teachers are only paid for those lessons. I emailed tech support a copy of the report I currently use, but we want to get away from AIMsi completely and can't until I can accurately do payroll without it. Having to run the schedule in both system is causing human errors and resulting in scheduling issues.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Display "Parent email" on Teacher Roster Reports

When running a Teacher Roster Report, there is no column for parent email address. All other contact information is there. It would be extremely helpful to have the parent email address also displayed on a teacher roster report.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow "all students" to register for an event with an enrollment form

There are times (like recitals, playing parties & special events) that I want to open an event to all students -- not just the students of one teacher. An "all student" option would be great.

Thanks.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)