Skip to content

Suggestions

Please submit your ideas here for how we can improve Studio Helper. You have 10 votes you can use to vote for the ideas you’d like us to do next.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

127 results found

1. filter lessons taught report by attendance status

It would be helpful to have the capacity to review a report of all absences, cancellations and "Not Set" to follow up with students or teachers

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Cathy Conrad responded

We will review this after it has garnered enough votes. In the meantime, the lessons taught report does filter for attended, absent and cancelled as one of your filter selections. For not set, you would have to make note of them manually.

2. Event invitations - YES/NO/MAYBE answers

Hi, just like in other calendars, for example Google, I think it's very important to add "yes/now/maybe" answer to an event invitation. That way the teacher and school both know if the invitation was delivered to the student.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make it possible in families under people list to choose "active"

The "family" area under "people" needs more smarts so you have a button to choose "active" rather than all families at once.

Also it would be useful to have a total of this at the bottom of the page.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please consider linking "Closure Dates" to "Locations"

I have multiple locations and they all have differing vacation schedules... This poses a problem when I set the closure dates and then try and add lessons in these weeks for other locations. There aren't any decent work-arounds currently, besides deleting the closure dates, which would impact everything else.

I hope you do consider this please!

Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Alphabetize Registration drop down menu

Hey,

We run a music school with a LOT of different course offerings. Students often take more than one lesson (vocals AND ukulele AND a group class, etc) and want everything available as a line item on their bill.

As a result, we have had to make a huge number of packages in the registration section.
    Right now, if I go to the registration section of SH...all of the packages sort alphabetically.
    If I try to pick a registration package the drop down menu on the student's page...the packages appear chronologically (according to creation date).

This makes searching among our…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  Cathy Conrad responded

We will be working on ways to minimize the drop down menu searching.

6. Create a "Preferred method of Contact" for Students, Parents, Teachers

Today, I had a teacher with several students need to cancel lessons. I used StudioHelper to email the affected students and parents, but learned that while some got the email in time, others don't/can't check email, and needed a phone call or text.

I suggest you create something that allows a "preferred method of contact" with the ability to include an email, or text number, or telephone number, and some way to see that information in a list of contacts.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Practice Log

Add a search box for instructors to search on the students' name when pulling up their record. I use the Practice log to post student weekly homework assignments when they are at their lesson, and for students to log their daily practice time. It would also be nice to rename this tab so it would have a dual function. Being able to post homework assignments online is more efficient than writing in an assignment book. Additionally, when posting a new homework assignment, I need to be able to keep the view of the previous weeks' assignment as I am typing…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Sibling discount or Roadshow Promo discount

I noticed there was a similar suggestion put up under review already. It would be helpful to add this in and automatically calculates the final figure. I only need it in the form of a %discount eg. 5% or 10%. Similarly, a late fee option inclusion ( % or nett) is helpful too.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Default PayPal payments to statement balance instead of amount of most recent invoice

Right now, when a client receives a statement and clicks the link to pay online with PayPal, their payment amount defaults to the amount of their last invoice instead of the statement balance. Clients intending to pay off their account end up only paying for part of their statement balance. Changing the default setting would make my job a lot easier here.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion. SH is designed to pay for the current invoice at the time a link is clicked. You can have them manually pay you the past due amount and you can then apply to the various invoices that the payment covers. A statement is just a statement to let you know what the charges and payments are during a certain date period.

10. Provide two or three options for the "From" mailbox

We would like to be able to send mass emails out from one of three music school mailboxes, and to receive the responses back to that mailbox also. To do this currently, I have to re-enter all Studio information including credit card payment information. It's very cumbersome, when it could be so easy: just tick a box to say which mailbox is sending the mail.
    Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. COVID-19 : Reduce charges

Hello Cathy and all,
    I hope everyone is healthy and well. As you could imagine with COVID-19 we had to cancel more than 200 students. However it does not mean that this students will not come back to us after this crises. So I was wondering how you will charge us for these many people who currently won't take lessons and are not paying us . My suggestion is like all other business that came up with a solution for this issue, your company should also come up with some solution and help us to work out or cash flow.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do not charge for Former students. If you reduce the number of students who are not listed as Former, your price per month is reduced as well.
    At this time the software does not have a way for you to create additional status designations. I can make a couple of suggestions, however.
    1. You could add something to the name, like COVID or Hiatus or whatever would make sense to you, before changing the status to Former. When you are ready to reach out to them again, it is pretty simple to search on that to find them.
    2. You can add a note in the Registration Notes of the student’s profile. Again, using a search term that you’ve standardized can make it pretty easy to search for them in the People List by using the Advanced search and searching in the notes.

We have integrated Skype with our…

12. Allow Payroll to be Sent Directly to Paypal

Is there a way that i can connect the payroll amounts to paypal and automate payment for my teachers?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Messages for teacher on 1st page that opens

on the first page that opens when a teacher logs in there should be a message center to tell the teacher any important things like messages, cancellations, changes to the schedule since their last login etc. like an internal messaging center for the staff and teacher to communicate with one another through the studio helper.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Split an invoice to bill more than one person/party

The following scenarios require splitting an invoice and sending to two different persons/parties:

1) If a student's parents are divorced or separated, but share the cost of lessons
    2) If a student or class is partially funded by a third party. For example: We teach a music class to one of the Children's programs, which pays half of the tuition. The other half is paid through an endowment fund. Both entities need to be invoiced each month.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Teachers access to emails

I would just like to suggest that in the "People" section, that teachers shouldn't be able to view student or parents emails addresses.

Or perhaps create an option in "Permissions" where it specifies that they can't access any details (except names) of students or parents.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. set new students as 'primary billing contact' by default

It's currently possible to create and schedule a new student without identifying a primary billing contact, so that when invoicing is run from the calendar, if no billing contact was selected, no invoice is created for that student. If the 'primary billing contact' box was auto-checked (with the option to assign a different family member, if needed) this would eliminate that risk. Although this likely doesn't affect a studio whose clients are mostly children in families, this adjustment is necessary for any studio who works with a largely adult student population!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This may be something we might consider for the upgrade. We would have to determine how to make the default for everyone involved. Number of votes for this will help in determining if this is something we can consider.

17. Allow Attendance page to filter by day

I often cannot check off attendance until the following day, and I have around 20-25 lessons per day. It's frustrating and time-consuming to have to individually set attendance for that many previous day's lessons.

If I could filter by day, then I could globally set all on a day as attended (which should be the default, not canceled, by the way), without accidentally setting attendance for events that haven't happened yet.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add timesheet for hourly employees

I think it would be very helpful if you all could add a small module that would let hourly staff record their hours each day, so that I can import that into the staff payroll. Basically, now I am taking an excel sheet to calculate their hours (based on their time in/out) and then importing the total to the staff payroll, so I can pass that report to the lady that does the books/checks. If I could cut the excel part out, I'd feel a lot more confident that I didn't miss something (or enter something incorrectly). Anyway, I know…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion! We will review and see if this is something feasible to do.

19. Automatic Client/Teacher Tailored Schedules

The schedule of events that can be downloaded into excel should also have the student and teacher contact information as an option and our company contact information.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add "levels" drop down menu to enrolment forms

It would be terrific if there could be separate drop downs for "Class" and "Level". Teaching many private lessons (as opposed to classes), but needing to be able to specify different levels matched with different teachers, I do not want to create separate enrolment forms for Voice-Beginner, Voice-Intermediate, Voice-Advanced, and Voice-Professional, for each teacher in each time slot, for instance. If I could just create one for Voice, and then at the time of enrolment specify what level this class would be, it would solve a lot of duplicated work on our end.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?