Skip to content

Suggestions

Please submit your ideas here for how we can improve Studio Helper. You have 10 votes you can use to vote for the ideas you’d like us to do next.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

34 results found

1. Allow Payroll to be Sent Directly to Paypal

Is there a way that i can connect the payroll amounts to paypal and automate payment for my teachers?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. COVID-19 : Reduce charges

Hello Cathy and all,
    I hope everyone is healthy and well. As you could imagine with COVID-19 we had to cancel more than 200 students. However it does not mean that this students will not come back to us after this crises. So I was wondering how you will charge us for these many people who currently won't take lessons and are not paying us . My suggestion is like all other business that came up with a solution for this issue, your company should also come up with some solution and help us to work out or cash flow.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do not charge for Former students. If you reduce the number of students who are not listed as Former, your price per month is reduced as well.
    At this time the software does not have a way for you to create additional status designations. I can make a couple of suggestions, however.
    1. You could add something to the name, like COVID or Hiatus or whatever would make sense to you, before changing the status to Former. When you are ready to reach out to them again, it is pretty simple to search on that to find them.
    2. You can add a note in the Registration Notes of the student’s profile. Again, using a search term that you’ve standardized can make it pretty easy to search for them in the People List by using the Advanced search and searching in the notes.

We have integrated Skype with our…

3. Past Due Reminder

Hi -

I have been using Studio Helper since 2015, and thank you so much for the great service.

I wanted to suggest one idea. I think it would be very helpful if we have a system template for Past Due Invoices.

With the current system, we can only re-send the invoice, which does not emphasize the invoice is past due. So we need to send a separate email to notify clients that this is past due. If you can add a feature to re-send an invoice with different system template from Invoice template, it would be very helpful.

Thank…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Cathy Conrad responded

Thank you for your suggestion. We will review this and see if its something we can do.

4. Default PayPal payments to statement balance instead of amount of most recent invoice

Right now, when a client receives a statement and clicks the link to pay online with PayPal, their payment amount defaults to the amount of their last invoice instead of the statement balance. Clients intending to pay off their account end up only paying for part of their statement balance. Changing the default setting would make my job a lot easier here.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion. SH is designed to pay for the current invoice at the time a link is clicked. You can have them manually pay you the past due amount and you can then apply to the various invoices that the payment covers. A statement is just a statement to let you know what the charges and payments are during a certain date period.

5. Add timesheet for hourly employees

I think it would be very helpful if you all could add a small module that would let hourly staff record their hours each day, so that I can import that into the staff payroll. Basically, now I am taking an excel sheet to calculate their hours (based on their time in/out) and then importing the total to the staff payroll, so I can pass that report to the lady that does the books/checks. If I could cut the excel part out, I'd feel a lot more confident that I didn't miss something (or enter something incorrectly). Anyway, I know…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion! We will review and see if this is something feasible to do.

6. invoice list should show accounts with credit remaining

On the invoice list it would be great if it somehow showed accounts that have a credit remaining. That would be helpful when sending out invoices so I can apply the credit before sending the invoice.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion. We will review and see if we can do this. It does sound like a good idea.

7. Allow Staff to filter family accounts report by instructor

Please allow the staff members to filter the family account report by Instructor. As the admin I am able to do this and it makes collecting the tuition's much easier because I can give this specific report to each instructor as needed

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion. We will look at this and see if we can get that implemented for you.

8. set new students as 'primary billing contact' by default

It's currently possible to create and schedule a new student without identifying a primary billing contact, so that when invoicing is run from the calendar, if no billing contact was selected, no invoice is created for that student. If the 'primary billing contact' box was auto-checked (with the option to assign a different family member, if needed) this would eliminate that risk. Although this likely doesn't affect a studio whose clients are mostly children in families, this adjustment is necessary for any studio who works with a largely adult student population!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This may be something we might consider for the upgrade. We would have to determine how to make the default for everyone involved. Number of votes for this will help in determining if this is something we can consider.

9. Create Book and Pay function for NEW & returning students to register, book & pay for their own lessons, for efficient connection

While Studio Helper does allow new students to register, it would be helpful if it could be an instant registration that also allows them to pay at the same time. This helps us connect with new students and further guarantee commitment.

93 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Update "Updated Package Rates/Prices" automatically in Calendar

When you change a package/ rate (ie updating pricing for 2014) and there are events that have already been assigned a package with a price; the package field goes blank & the price remains at the old rate.

This is horrible when dealing with 300+ calendar events per week, having to go through and individually change each package to the new updated package (even though it was selected originally).
    This greatly affects billing from the calendar (as we almost sent out 500 invoices at our old rate, even though we had updated the package!)

It would be nice to see…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. If there is a negative number in the Balance Due field, there should be an option to add that to credit

If you remove a charge from a client's invoice after they pay, it will show a negative balance in the 'Balance Due' field. There should be a way to apply that remaining balance into their credit!
    With the current studiohelper set-up, if a student pays in advance for the month, and then cancels one of their lessons after paying, you must delete their and recreate their invoice, delete and recreate their payment, delete and recreate their credit. Please implement this modification, it would solve a huge problem for us!

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make A Choice For Grandparents Or Parents To Be Able To Pay For Invoices

Third party billing would allow for a grandparent or outside person to pay for lessons instead of having to make them the students parents.

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Put in Purchase Orders which can be turned into invoices.

85% of my business requires net 30 from me and use purchase orders.
    Sometimes with Holidays and cancelations, the purchase orders are NOT the same as attendance. I would like to be able to create purchase orders that then align with attendance to insure correct billing. Purchase orders would then convert to invoices. Thank you for your consideration.
    AAM Academies,
    Pegie Brandt

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add an "Archive" button to the actions available on the invoice page so that we can move old invoices out of the active file, but have them

If we left all of our customers' paid invoice in the file, we would have thousands per year. Currently, the only way to remove them is to print to a pdf and save them on our own hard drive. Once deleted, payment records indicate the payment amount and date, but no invoice to reference. An "archive" file on SH would be accessible, but not cumbersome.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Family discount

It would be great to have a family discount option. A lot of Music Schools have discount rates when two or more people from the same family are students. Or if a person attends two or more different lessons/courses. So when you invoice, it automatically gives a discount based on your discount settings.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This will be a new feature soon. For now you can always create a package for “Family Discount” and use a negative amount. When you invoice, add a line item, choose package and the family discount package. It will then adjust your invoice.

16. Sibling discount or Roadshow Promo discount

I noticed there was a similar suggestion put up under review already. It would be helpful to add this in and automatically calculates the final figure. I only need it in the form of a %discount eg. 5% or 10%. Similarly, a late fee option inclusion ( % or nett) is helpful too.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. add a pay teacher "per student" rate.

Instead of a percentage of package or hourly or other just a flat per student per month or week or lesson. But at least month.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For now you can use the flat rate per month. Since it is a flat rate no matter if you use packages or students.

18. Enabling the option of sorting by balance column in the Family Accounts display

It is often possible to change the display of a list by sorting it according to the column most crucial for our needs at the moment. But when viewing Reports > Family Accounts, it seems the clients can only be listed by the Client column (alphabetically) but I am not able to click on the Balance column so that the Family Accounts are sorted according to the Balance column. This would be very useful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Option to choose default 'due by date' for manual invoices

When setting up invoicing have an option for due date to be calculated automatically '7 days from today' (or x days from today)

eg, today's date is 21/11/2014, so if my default due date were 'in 7 days' it would appear on the invoice as 28/11/2014

I believe this happens for recurring invoices, but it would be a huge time saver if it could be implemented on manual invoices too!

Thank you :)

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a 'Fees charged'/transactions list

As in MTH, I can charge a fee anytime to a student, and it shows up on their invoice and transaction history. This is a great feature because I don't have to try to remember until the invoices are created at the end of the month. I can charge it as soon as it happens, and the invoice system pulls the info and includes on the total.

It helps me not forget money that is owed! I use this mostly for music purchased for students.

I think this would be a great addition to the current "add line item" feature.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  Cathy Conrad responded

Good News! We are planning this so you will be able to do this, in the coming months.

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base