Skip to content

Suggestions

Please submit your ideas here for how we can improve Studio Helper. You have 10 votes you can use to vote for the ideas you’d like us to do next.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

127 results found

1. Add an attendance summary to the Home Page

i want you guys to add a bar on tha home screen which can show me a summary of
    attended
    absent
    cancelled
    cancellation
    daily/ weekly and monthly. hope it can be managed
    regards. NMA Admn

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add options to the "Receive Payment" page

Add option to client dropdown area "Show only clients with outstanding invoices"
    Add check box for "Pay Invoice Balance" to Amount area. It's the only thing you have to type in, would be a timesaver.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. No Reply Option

Parents are 'replying' to the automated reminders instead of creating a separate email for a non-reminder related question. And, I'm overlooking them because it's connected to the reminder. Or, if I send a mass email & get multiple replies for various questions it becomes very cumbersome.
    It'd be very helpful for there to be an option for 'no-reply'.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow Payroll to be Sent Directly to Paypal

Is there a way that i can connect the payroll amounts to paypal and automate payment for my teachers?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please make the holidays on the calendar removable by the owner of the phone. They are annoying and distracting and take up spacel

Make the holidays listed on the calendar removable by the owner of the phone rather than permanent

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. COVID-19 : Reduce charges

Hello Cathy and all,
    I hope everyone is healthy and well. As you could imagine with COVID-19 we had to cancel more than 200 students. However it does not mean that this students will not come back to us after this crises. So I was wondering how you will charge us for these many people who currently won't take lessons and are not paying us . My suggestion is like all other business that came up with a solution for this issue, your company should also come up with some solution and help us to work out or cash flow.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do not charge for Former students. If you reduce the number of students who are not listed as Former, your price per month is reduced as well.
    At this time the software does not have a way for you to create additional status designations. I can make a couple of suggestions, however.
    1. You could add something to the name, like COVID or Hiatus or whatever would make sense to you, before changing the status to Former. When you are ready to reach out to them again, it is pretty simple to search on that to find them.
    2. You can add a note in the Registration Notes of the student’s profile. Again, using a search term that you’ve standardized can make it pretty easy to search for them in the People List by using the Advanced search and searching in the notes.

We have integrated Skype with our…

7. editing a repeating event---which option to select? a change in wording only

Would you consider re-wording the options when editing one event in a series? (no change to how it works, just change to wording)

"all following" could be change to "this and all following" which would, in my opinion, more accurately describe what it does.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Past Due Reminder

Hi -

I have been using Studio Helper since 2015, and thank you so much for the great service.

I wanted to suggest one idea. I think it would be very helpful if we have a system template for Past Due Invoices.

With the current system, we can only re-send the invoice, which does not emphasize the invoice is past due. So we need to send a separate email to notify clients that this is past due. If you can add a feature to re-send an invoice with different system template from Invoice template, it would be very helpful.

Thank…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Cathy Conrad responded

Thank you for your suggestion. We will review this and see if its something we can do.

9. Provide two or three options for the "From" mailbox

We would like to be able to send mass emails out from one of three music school mailboxes, and to receive the responses back to that mailbox also. To do this currently, I have to re-enter all Studio information including credit card payment information. It's very cumbersome, when it could be so easy: just tick a box to say which mailbox is sending the mail.
    Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Default PayPal payments to statement balance instead of amount of most recent invoice

Right now, when a client receives a statement and clicks the link to pay online with PayPal, their payment amount defaults to the amount of their last invoice instead of the statement balance. Clients intending to pay off their account end up only paying for part of their statement balance. Changing the default setting would make my job a lot easier here.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion. SH is designed to pay for the current invoice at the time a link is clicked. You can have them manually pay you the past due amount and you can then apply to the various invoices that the payment covers. A statement is just a statement to let you know what the charges and payments are during a certain date period.

11. Add timesheet for hourly employees

I think it would be very helpful if you all could add a small module that would let hourly staff record their hours each day, so that I can import that into the staff payroll. Basically, now I am taking an excel sheet to calculate their hours (based on their time in/out) and then importing the total to the staff payroll, so I can pass that report to the lady that does the books/checks. If I could cut the excel part out, I'd feel a lot more confident that I didn't miss something (or enter something incorrectly). Anyway, I know…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion! We will review and see if this is something feasible to do.

12. Additional Information on System Templates

Suggest adding information in the blue ? box for system templates that even if you have the information between the % signs typed as it appears (lower/upper case and no spaces), that you also cannot apply any formatting such as bold, italic, hyperlinks, etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. invoice list should show accounts with credit remaining

On the invoice list it would be great if it somehow showed accounts that have a credit remaining. That would be helpful when sending out invoices so I can apply the credit before sending the invoice.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion. We will review and see if we can do this. It does sound like a good idea.

14. Put in Purchase Orders which can be turned into invoices.

85% of my business requires net 30 from me and use purchase orders.
    Sometimes with Holidays and cancelations, the purchase orders are NOT the same as attendance. I would like to be able to create purchase orders that then align with attendance to insure correct billing. Purchase orders would then convert to invoices. Thank you for your consideration.
    AAM Academies,
    Pegie Brandt

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion. We will review and see if we can something in this area.

16. Sort attendance the same way that Agenda is sorted

We rely on printed attendance sheets. We use the Agenda from the calendar to print each day's list of lessons. After lessons occur, we use the printed copy to mark attendance in the Attendance screen. However, events are sorted complete differently between the two lists. I often have over 50 events per day, and up to 6 that occur in the same time block. It would be helpful if there were a consistency regarding how StudioHelper sorts the two views so that we may check attendance with fewer mistakes.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add an "Archive" button to the actions available on the invoice page so that we can move old invoices out of the active file, but have them

If we left all of our customers' paid invoice in the file, we would have thousands per year. Currently, the only way to remove them is to print to a pdf and save them on our own hard drive. Once deleted, payment records indicate the payment amount and date, but no invoice to reference. An "archive" file on SH would be accessible, but not cumbersome.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Show event category in Schedule tab of Profile

Within the Profile pages, under the Schedule tab, it would be very useful to see the category of upcoming events. It's impossible to know whether the event listed is a class, make up, canceled, etc. And for teachers who don't have calendar editing permissions, they cannot click the event to see the details from that screen.

I know that it's possible to see event categories in the Agenda view of the calendar, but including it on the Profile Schedule would be useful for several groups and circumstances.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow Attendance page to filter by day

I often cannot check off attendance until the following day, and I have around 20-25 lessons per day. It's frustrating and time-consuming to have to individually set attendance for that many previous day's lessons.

If I could filter by day, then I could globally set all on a day as attended (which should be the default, not canceled, by the way), without accidentally setting attendance for events that haven't happened yet.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Teacher and studio contact information needs to be available

It would be great to have contact information easily accessible for parents. For example if their teacher showed up under people with the teacher's contact information including, email, phone number etc. It would also be great if under the studio name there was a place to add an email address, phone number, and physical mailing address. Currently it is difficult for parents to figure out how to email their teacher and there is no other contact information available to them other than that.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion. We would have to review this because many do not want that information available. The students have an email tab in their profile and if they click the teacher’s name the email box will come up so they can email the teacher. If the teacher wants to give out that info they can. That’s how it works for now.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base