Skip to content

Suggestions

Please submit your ideas here for how we can improve Studio Helper. You have 10 votes you can use to vote for the ideas you’d like us to do next.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

127 results found

1. Allow Staff to filter family accounts report by instructor

Please allow the staff members to filter the family account report by Instructor. As the admin I am able to do this and it makes collecting the tuition's much easier because I can give this specific report to each instructor as needed

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Cathy Conrad responded

Thank you for your suggestion. We will look at this and see if we can get that implemented for you.

2. Sibling discount or Roadshow Promo discount

I noticed there was a similar suggestion put up under review already. It would be helpful to add this in and automatically calculates the final figure. I only need it in the form of a %discount eg. 5% or 10%. Similarly, a late fee option inclusion ( % or nett) is helpful too.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow the option to customize email templates with a pop up screen each time you send an invoice

I think that it would be very helpful if when sending emails/invoices there would be a pop up screen that would allow you to customize the email template each time you send vs having to go into another screen to create a blanket email template. For example, when choosing to email from the invoice list it uses the current invoice email template - My current template for invoices is for invoices that are coming due - if I have past due invoices that I need to send reminders out for, I would have to go into a separate screen to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion. However, I think a better solution would be to have a link to choose either the regular template that goes with an invoice or choose an overdue notification template. That way you wouldn’t have so many steps to do or if you forgot to change the original template back, they would not go out with wrong wording.

4. Miss-Clicks deleting classes

We have had several classes deleted in error, and not picked up on untill a teaches says their pay is short.

When you click on a class in the calendar a dialogue box opens, At the bottom of the box are: EDIT, DELETE, CANCEL EVENT, [SPACE] to lower the instances of "miss-clicks" it would be helpful to reorder as EDIT, [SPACE] CANCEL EVENT, DELETE

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Practice Log

Add a search box for instructors to search on the students' name when pulling up their record. I use the Practice log to post student weekly homework assignments when they are at their lesson, and for students to log their daily practice time. It would also be nice to rename this tab so it would have a dual function. Being able to post homework assignments online is more efficient than writing in an assignment book. Additionally, when posting a new homework assignment, I need to be able to keep the view of the previous weeks' assignment as I am typing…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I really think we should have an option to show how much the parents are paying for each lesson. I log in as a teacher and when i check "

Hi cathy, I really don't think the teachers should see how much the parents are paying. As I log in as a teacher, i clicked "report", "Lesson Taught" and checked "show lesson cost", it shows that he supposed to make $1440 instead of $820 what I am paying for. He will feel bad about working for me and take all the students away from me. Please give the administrator to have an option to show the lesson cost or not.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  6 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Auto-Update "School, Grade" field

Right now, there is one field in the registration form called "School and Grade". Is it possible to make this into two fields, "School" and "Grade", and have the grade section automatically advance by one at the end of each August?

There is no way we can afford to pay a staff member to update the grades manually one by one each year, and if the field can't stay not up-to-date, it is useless.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion. We are working on upgrades for the end of the year and hopefully we can work on something for this for you.

8. possible event enrollment to show in the side column when the parents logged in?

Would it be possible to make "special event enrollment" to show up in the side column when the parents logged into the site? Please guide me step by step. Thank you!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Choi,
    Thank you for the suggestion. I will put it under review so we can see if we can implement that. Right now you do have an enrollment for you can use for open events on the calendar. However, you have to create them not the parent. If you need help please contact support@studiohelper.com

9. Updating status

Is is possible to update the status of all family members of the a student at the same time the status of the student is changed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

That is a good idea and something that we will consider during our next upgrades. I can see where this would be beneficial so that a family doesn’t get “separated” in the status area. We would have to make it an option though as some families will have multiple students in the family but not all active at the same time.

10. make the categories display in a set order

It would be great to see the categories display in a set order, rather than according to the date they are created. This would make it easier and faster to add events to the schedule. Is it possible to have them display alphabetically, or better yet to allow studios to customize their order? We could have all the piano teachers together, all the voice, etc. What do you think?

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add total number of Active Student Classes in Overview

under The Overview, please also show the total number of Active Student Classes. Now it only shows no.ofactive students. But as there are some students who takes multiple classes, it is helpful to have a glance of how many classes sign up.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. set new students as 'primary billing contact' by default

It's currently possible to create and schedule a new student without identifying a primary billing contact, so that when invoicing is run from the calendar, if no billing contact was selected, no invoice is created for that student. If the 'primary billing contact' box was auto-checked (with the option to assign a different family member, if needed) this would eliminate that risk. Although this likely doesn't affect a studio whose clients are mostly children in families, this adjustment is necessary for any studio who works with a largely adult student population!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This may be something we might consider for the upgrade. We would have to determine how to make the default for everyone involved. Number of votes for this will help in determining if this is something we can consider.

13. Create a "Preferred method of Contact" for Students, Parents, Teachers

Today, I had a teacher with several students need to cancel lessons. I used StudioHelper to email the affected students and parents, but learned that while some got the email in time, others don't/can't check email, and needed a phone call or text.

I suggest you create something that allows a "preferred method of contact" with the ability to include an email, or text number, or telephone number, and some way to see that information in a list of contacts.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Birthday report

Please have birthdays for only active students. Or at least give option for active or former

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. CRM Capability (Ability to log and track client communications)

It would be fantastic to have a tab available under the student or family to accurately log calls, emails and communication.

Even a simple text box such as this would be sufficient.

For example

Tues. Feb. 24 - client called to cancel lesson tomorrow. Teacher notified via email.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Tuesday Jan. 17th. Was able to accommodate a new lesson time on Wednesday @ 4:30. Confirmed with parent over the phone, teacher notified by email.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Monday Jan. 16th - Client called in and they would like to change lesson times but keep the same teacher. They are available on Wednesday…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  Cathy Conrad responded

We will be working on this to see the best way to provide this.

16. Alphabetize Registration drop down menu

Hey,

We run a music school with a LOT of different course offerings. Students often take more than one lesson (vocals AND ukulele AND a group class, etc) and want everything available as a line item on their bill.

As a result, we have had to make a huge number of packages in the registration section.
    Right now, if I go to the registration section of SH...all of the packages sort alphabetically.
    If I try to pick a registration package the drop down menu on the student's page...the packages appear chronologically (according to creation date).

This makes searching among our…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  Cathy Conrad responded

We will be working on ways to minimize the drop down menu searching.

17. create an alternative Practice Log design appealing to children

I'm curious whether the practice log feature has been popular in studios amongst the young students. Because I find the display is fine for adult students but for children it wouldn't be appealing enough to begin using it or to continue to do so in the long term. It would be nice to have an alternative display that has bubbly graphics, maybe something with stars or like this for instance:

http://www.rewardcharts4kids.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/musical-reward-charts-4.jpg

http://www.musicmotion.com/images/1525_l.jpg

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Enabling the option of sorting by balance column in the Family Accounts display

It is often possible to change the display of a list by sorting it according to the column most crucial for our needs at the moment. But when viewing Reports > Family Accounts, it seems the clients can only be listed by the Client column (alphabetically) but I am not able to click on the Balance column so that the Family Accounts are sorted according to the Balance column. This would be very useful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. add a pay teacher "per student" rate.

Instead of a percentage of package or hourly or other just a flat per student per month or week or lesson. But at least month.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For now you can use the flat rate per month. Since it is a flat rate no matter if you use packages or students.

20. Separation between mass emails and mass texts

When I send mass emails, Studio Helper puts all of the emails for each student together including the text mail. We should be able to select which one is used so we aren't sending out multiple emails and texts to the same person

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m not sure what you mean here. When sending mass email, you use the filters to choose which groups and people get the email. You can select all or you can individually select the recipients. If you have text email addresses in profiles as well as the regular email then they will get a duplicate. You will need to remove the text email address so they don’t get duplicates. That is not something that SH supports at the moment. In mass email history you will see who gets the email but each person gets the same email you created. If you need individualized emails, please use the email tab in your admin profile in the upper right corner and manually enter the email and/or text email of the person you need to send to.

• Don't see your idea?

Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base