I suggest you ...

possible event enrollment to show in the side column when the parents logged in?

Would it be possible to make "special event enrollment" to show up in the side column when the parents logged into the site? Please guide me step by step. Thank you!

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Choi Fairbanks shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminCathy Conrad (Customer Service Director for Studio Helper, Studio Helper) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Choi,
        Actually when you use the open enrollment form, and it puts the event on the calendar, that event shows on everyone's calendar. If the teacher, parent or student clicks on the calendar tab and it shows the main calendar, if there is an open enrollment within that week, it will show them. At that point the parent and/or student can then click the event and then click on view, they can see the details of the event and can register if they wish. The sidebar and/or banner is a good idea but please note that they can in fact see the open enrollments now.

• choi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think it is easy to the parents to find out what class is open for enrollment if it is only visible when they click on exact date.

• choi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

open enrollment doesn't make any sense unless it shows as a pop up menu or a banner. Please Please help me to stay with you.

• AdminCathy Conrad (Customer Service Director for Studio Helper, Studio Helper) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Choi,
        Once you make an enrollment form, it puts that event on the calendar and will show to all students regardless of their permissions. Let's say you want an open event next month. The students will see it if they scroll through the calendar. But you can also send out like an email newsletter listing all open enrollments so everyone knows ahead of time. We are working on upgrades and this is a good idea to have the available classes in the sidebar.

• Choi Fairbanks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Cathy, I created an enrollment event for Nov. but unless the parent look for that exact event (find the date and time), they have no idea that this event is open and enrolling, right? Or am I missing something here? Is it possible to show open enrollment events in a separate side column? . I have a market day (students perform and buy stuff with their insentive coins) and the parents have no idea about the new event. Open enrollment is useless if nobody can found it.

• Choi Fairbanks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Cathy! how do parents see an open event? Do they need to be invited or they have to click each day? Sorry if I am asking so basic stuff. I am just trying for this month.

Suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base