Skip to content

Suggestions

Please submit your ideas here for how we can improve Studio Helper. You have 10 votes you can use to vote for the ideas you’d like us to do next.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

140 results found

1. Add a Staff Calendar

Add a Staff calendar so I can schedule my staff. It would allow the staff to login to see there schedule or allow me to send email reminders about special scheduling, studio weather related closings, school holidays etc.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Teachers need to be able to see each other's contact info. That way they don't have to contact the administrator!!

If teachers who share a client for different services need to change their student's schedule, they must be able to see what other teachers their student is linked to, and be able to contact that teacher.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Find an easier way to multiple events

When my studio is closed, I don't delete all the lessons from that day because I need to reconcile each week at the end of the year to see when students come, when the studio is closed, when lessons are cancelled, etc... So let's say I have 8 students on the 4th of July this year. From what I can tell, here is the process I have to take in order to make sure everyone is cancelled: 1. Go to calendar tab 2. Click Calendar 3. Find the 4th of July date 4. Click on that date 5. Find the…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. add a permission option for parent/student-initiated changes.

Could a permission option be created for parent/student-initiated changes to their accounts?

Right now, parents/students can log in and add/delete students/parents,etc. Allowing parents/students access to updating some information is great (such as contact info). However, being able to add/delete, etc. may not be so great! Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Email Teacher's Students

Right now there's not a check box or drop down to email a certain teacher's students. It does exist for instruments, but not teachers This would come in very handy. I'm sure the uses are self-evident, but just one use is in the case of a teacher absence and giving notification to parents.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  Allan responded

You can actually allow yourself (studio admin) and your teachers to send mass email to your/their student(s) by giving them this privilege in the Permissions page (Settings > Permissions). You can also go to the People List and check the box next to the name of the student you want to send email to. Then select Send Email in the drop down box that will appear above the list.

6. Allow student to print a pdf receipt of their payments, and have the option to select a specific date range on one single receipt

Students who want to submit receipts for taxes purposes currently have to print several individual invoices for the year, or do a print screen of the payment list which does not look professional. It would be great to be able to generate a single pdf document that would display the studio name, their info, and the specific payment info they wanted. The look should be similar to the invoices, but they would be able to select a date range to generate the form and have all the info on 1 sheet instead to several separate pages.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow Coloring By Location

It would be great for a lessons studio if we were allowed to color-code based on location rather than or as well as category. As a studio, color coding by location would be easier because then the category could be the instrument, whereas now we just list category and location as the same thing (room #).

i.e. Room 1 = Red and then Category = guitar (or piano, or voice)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I don’t think this will be considered since Event Categories are already color-coded. It would be confusing to give another color for the same event if it already has an event category. I would suggest that you use the event category to classify your events per location to take advantage of the color-coding feature. You can find it at https://studiohelper.com/calendar/event_categories

8. Would like a report to search former students by instrument

So that you can focus on getting more students back for a certain instrument - for example if our drum teacher doesn't have enough students or needs more students to open-up a certain day - we can try to contact those former ones and try to get them to come back

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. add a lesson planning feature

"Lesson notes" is a great feature but only refers to lessons already taught. How about a feature in SH that allows instructors to think ahead and plan for upcoming lessons, specific to student? Admins should be able to see teachers' planned lessons. Also, planned lessons should be able to be exported and/or generated as a report. Planned lessons can optionally be made viewable by students.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Student Lead Lesson Swaps

We have a local competitor who only teaches one instrument and gives all the contact info of all her students out to her students so that if they can't make it to their lesson one week, they can put out a request that someone swap their time with them. A great idea that probably saves her a great deal of lost income and while I'm sure in one sense the parents are thrilled about it, some folks must not like the lack of privacy. I think this is a tremendous opportunity for StudioHelper. Ideally it would look like this: on…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Show student phone number when event is clicked on the claendar

HOW ABOUT HAVING THE STUDENTS PHONE NUMBER APPEAR ON THE GRAY BOX THAT POPS UP WHEN YOU CLICK ON AN EVENT ON THE CALENDAR-RATHER THAT HAVING TO GO INTO THE PEOPLE LIST AND FIND THAT STUDENTS PROFILE PAGE

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Database for instrument rentals/loans

It would be very helpful to be able to maintain an inventory of instruments and track rentals. Another potential revenue stream for music studios!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can make use of the Lending Library to keep a database of instruments, books, and other school items that are currently being borrowed, keep track who’s borrowing them, and assign the current status (returned or not). You can find the Lending Library in your SH account here – https://www.studiohelper.com/lends/index/1/1/

13. Improve Mass Email Filters and Templates

While the current email filters are good, it would be useful to be able to filter by teacher for example, if you wanted to email all of that teacher's students. Also a system template for overdue invoices would be great.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Have an area in invoice for us to permanently have payment options.

I often forget to cut and paste bank details in every invoice and would love to have those details be permanent

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We already have this feature in place. Just edit the Invoice Email template and go to People > Email Templates > System Templates and click Customize Invoice. From there, you can add your bank details so that it will always be included in future invoice notifications that you will send out.

15. allow student to register for a single event in a series of recurring events

MTH has this capability so I'm hoping this is an easy addition to SH.

In MTH, you can set up a recurring appointment and identify it as an open lesson time. There is an icon of an open book for open times and a closed book when the lesson slot is full. This makes it easy for the next student to see if that lesson time is still available.

This functionality would be saving me endless headaches over the summer. With all the student vacations it's a real pain for me to manually enter all the dates.

MTH allowed me…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. split student and parent in the event reminder

Lot's of my students don't have their own emails. At first I tried leaving the email address in the student profile bland --- but then the student did not receive their lesson notes when I filled out the attendance info.

So I took out the parent email and had only a student email. Then I couldn't send email or invoices to parents.

I would like to see the options for event notification to be:
    teacher
    student
    parent
    me

Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. More Colors For Event Category

Please provide more colors for event category

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. allow option for repeating events to choose options such as 2nd and 4th Saturday s.

My studio has group classes that happen on specific weeks and it is cumbersome to delete all of the weeks that classes do not take place. every other week does not work due to the occasional fifth week.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To set up a fortnightly event, select “Weekly”, then choose Repeat every “2” weeks. Then check the days you want the event to recur every two weeks. Lastly, select an End Date.

Here is how I have heard other studios handle this issue of the “5th week”:

Option 1) Tuition-based. Calculate how many weeks are in a given semester or year (ie. longer term than 1 month). Let’s say 52 weeks per year. If you charge $100/lesson, that’s $5200/year you would charge the student. You can still bill monthly (a flat rate of the yearly fee divided by 12), but the amount you charge does not change based on how many lessons the student attends in a given month. In a school, a student doesn’t get a discount on their tuition if they skip class one week, even if it was an emergency. Many professional studios will handle their tuition…

19. Default of Payment Date

When receiving payment, the Deposited On field should be automatically defaulted to current date if no value has been input.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. track individual attendance from enrollment date

Keeping track of attended classes for each student from the date of enrollment or re-enrollment is challenging especially since we have rolling enrollment. I'm using a spread sheet to track each student and knowing when to send out new invoices before their lessons run out. It would be great if studiohelper :can track individual attendance and absences and provide a notice and consolidated report perhaps 2-3 weeks before their last lesson so that new invoices for continuation can be sent out.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?