Skip to content

Suggestions

Please submit your ideas here for how we can improve Studio Helper. You have 10 votes you can use to vote for the ideas you’d like us to do next.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

140 results found

1. Provide a balance forward line on invoices.

At present, if a client is past due, I must send either the old invoice/s or a statement which does not provide a link to PayPal. I like the way the statement shows invoice and payment history but clients cannot pay online from the statement. The current month's invoice does not reflect any past due amount. This would simplify the process and avoid confusion for the client who receives multiple invoices and a statements and an email explaining the past due.

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  Cathy Conrad responded

There is a balance due at the bottom of the invoice for any previous balances. The balance due reflects previous balance plus the current invoice amount. An invoice is for current billing. To see all the info you need/wanting, the statement is available that lists everything along with a balance due and a pay link.

2. have a, select all, option for setting reocurring invoices.

Our Studio bills for a month at a time, and going
    into all of my invoice that have already been created to check off the make recurring invoice option, and then going to the reoccurring billing page to set the date correctly (if the original invoice date is not when I want it to reoccur in future) is a pain. I was hoping there was an option to select all, set the date to reoccur, and then save. Perhaps something to consider.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We already have a select all when creating an invoice and then saving as a recurring. The date can also be changed by changing the invoice date on the top right. This will then change your date options below in the recurring. We will be closing this suggestion to free up the votes. However, if you have a different meaning then you can put in a new suggestion with better details on what it is you actually are wanting to see or do.

3. Have the invoices running "live" with the calendar

We always invoice a month ahead, so it would be really great if the invoices ran "live" with the calendar. If a student cancels a lesson on the calendar then the program would automatically show that on the invoice. Right now we are manually taking each canceled lesson off the already generated invoices.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Once an invoice has been created, it should not be changed, as this could bring up ethical issues. But I think a simpler solution to this would be to issue a credit at the time the lesson is cancelled, which credit than then be applied to a future invoice.

4. Customize Language

I run a music school in Norway. For me(and other non-english music school owners) it would be great if we were able to translate certain things to other languages. I'm especially thinking of Invoices and other situations where messages are sent out to students and parents (I know email templates can be customized).

Also, in the remote registration form I can customize the labels, but not the intro text. Would be great if I could translate that to norwegian as well

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for posting this feature request. We do plan to make Studio Helper available in multiple languages, and will be working more toward this goal in the months ahead.

For now, a workaround that you can do which has worked for other multilingual studios is to use Google Chrome web browser to open Studio Helper. Google Chrome has a language translator plugin that you can install to convert English website content into Norwegian or any other major language. Here’s the link where you can download the Google Translate Plugin for Google Chrome – https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/aapbdbdomjkkjkaonfhkkikfgjllcleb. To download Google Chrome web browser, please go to this link – http://www.google.com/chrome.

For the invoices and other files, you may need to use a separate document translator.

5. add an option for applying discounts to packages.

We offer family and other discounts. It would be great if the percentage could be applied either to the package or to the total amount of the bill.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Not enough votes for this one. You can manually add discounts to individual invoices that you create for each family by adding a new item with a negative amount (denoted by a minus “-” sign). For example -10.

If you give fixed amount discounts on a number of clients, a workaround that I can suggest right now is to add a separate “package” with values equal to, lets say, 5% of a package with a negative value. For instance, Package A costs is $100/month. Create a corresponding "5% discount package for Package A amounting to 5% of $100 or -$5. Create similar “discount package entries” for your other packages. Your teachers and staff can then simply select this discount from the drop down menu while creating an invoice.

6. Allow custom fields in people's profiles

While the profile page on Studio Helper has the majority of the basic information you'd need to store about someone, we have some custom things we want to track in our studio, such as medical disclosures, gender, race, preferred payment method, etc. Can you make a way for us to add these fields onto the profile, like you do in the remote registration form?

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. list FAMILY PHONE number under PHONE on STUDENT and PARENT profile

I'm discovering that the phone number set up is frustrating me. If I put in a FAMILY PHONE number under the FAMILY tab, it's not proving to be useful. I get the idea of it, but in practice it's making me do more work.

What I'd like to see is the FAMILY PHONE NUMBER listed under PHONE on STUDENT and PARENT profile.

And instead of having the check box for "Phone number is different than family phone" my preference would be for it to say "Addition phone numbers." Then I could easily enter mobile, fax, work that pertains to that…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Adding a "lesson length" column

When viewing a student's attendance via their profile (click on the "schedule" tab), it would be incredibly helpful to have the lesson length there, so we can see which lessons were 30 min, which were 45, etc

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. allow for more/different family relationships.

I think there should be more options for different family members; i.e. if a student's primary guardian/person who's paying for the lessons is not their parent. Some to consider are grandmother/father, aunt/uncle, or create a generic "guardian" or "family member".

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Show Payment Date in Invoice

Currently, no payment date is shown on the invoice when the invoice has been paid.
    Show payment date in the invoice. This is to allow better tracking and mapping of payment and invoice.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. make an option to not send reminders to students on events who have a cancelled attendance

is there any way that your programers can make it that "cancelled" events with email reminders don't get sent, it would help us a lot :)
    - posted for Mike of DeAngelis Music Studios

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. don't send reminder every time I adjust an event in the calendar

If I've selected remind teacher & parents/students for an event and then make an adjustment to the event (usually to correct an error, the system automatically sends out a reminder. As I've made numerous typos in the process of setting up my summer calendar, I have accidentally inundated students with endless incorrect reminders.

I know I could turn off the who to remind things -- but then I'll forget to turn them back on.

My preference would be for the reminder to go out as scheduled (I usually use 12 hours before) and let me decide if I want a…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

you can always untick the box to send a reminder before saving the event.

13. add a payment report showing payments per package.

(This idea is submitted on behalf of a Studio Helper active user)

I want to be able to generate a payment report within a time period that indicates the payments according to packages? My teachers are all paid a percentage of the tuition that is paid for lessons with them. Therefore, I need some way to show who paid what toward each type of teacher package.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. email students by class day

In MusicTeachersHelper, if you click the date in the calendar you get the following drop down menu:

*Add event
    *View day
    *Delete events
    *Create invoices
    *Email students
    *Reconcile all

The I'd really like to have in SH are:

*Create invoices
    *Email students

The "X" does the delete events; it's already easy to switch to a day view; adding an event is already easy enough; SH uses the attendance page to reconcile so really not needed.

Thanks so much!

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. REVENUE PER Location

For anyone with more than one studio (like me), it is very important to be able to see how much revenue is being located at each location

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Find an easier way to multiple events

When my studio is closed, I don't delete all the lessons from that day because I need to reconcile each week at the end of the year to see when students come, when the studio is closed, when lessons are cancelled, etc... So let's say I have 8 students on the 4th of July this year. From what I can tell, here is the process I have to take in order to make sure everyone is cancelled: 1. Go to calendar tab 2. Click Calendar 3. Find the 4th of July date 4. Click on that date 5. Find the…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Teachers need to be able to see each other's contact info. That way they don't have to contact the administrator!!

If teachers who share a client for different services need to change their student's schedule, they must be able to see what other teachers their student is linked to, and be able to contact that teacher.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow for events to occur over multiple days

I.E. Add an option to have an appointment start at 11pm on the 1st and end at 2am on the second. This Causes a lot of duplicate work on our end because we run a recording studio which operates 24hrs a day.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Email the Administrator for calendar edit screne

Is it possible for there to be another email check box that says "Email the Admimistrator" on the edit event page? When teachers make a calendar change that effects student invoices, we need to know.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a Staff Calendar

Add a Staff calendar so I can schedule my staff. It would allow the staff to login to see there schedule or allow me to send email reminders about special scheduling, studio weather related closings, school holidays etc.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7