Skip to content

Suggestions

Please submit your ideas here for how we can improve Studio Helper. You have 10 votes you can use to vote for the ideas you’d like us to do next.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

22 results found

1. Custom Attendance Status'

In the attendance section there is no way for teachers to schedule / report make-up lessons. This requires our teachers to email in our company any time a make-up lesson is completed.

It'd be cool if there was a way for us to have the attendance options be:

Attended
    Excused
    Unexcused

If the option Excused was chosen then a little link would pop up to report a make-up lesson completed, which would show up in the attendance records.

This would be a huge huge fix for us.

136 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    21 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Changing the name of this suggestion as we are working on the custom attendance status’. We will still use the basic three ways to charge, attended, cancelled and absent. But you will be able to make a custom attendance name and use one of the status’ list whether it will be charged or not. Once this goes live, if there are other areas you think would benefit SH, please put that in a new suggestion.

2. Allow a "blackout" option for the calendar

If the studio is closed for spring break, or for an event, etc, the calendar is locked down on that day and teachers are not allowed to book lessons.

If you look at the calendar, it should be easy to see that the blackout days are not available to be booked, and a description of why (ie: spring break, thanksgiving, etc).

64 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Cathy Conrad responded

This is finished….Create blackouts by going to calendar>setup>studio closure dates….keep in mind that you will not be able to create a black out date until all events are removed from that particular time frame.

3. Change Event Time Intervals to every 15 minutes as default

Wondering if it would be possible to have the default 'start time' and 'end time' display in increments of 15 minutes as opposed to 30 minutes.

We have many events that begin/end at :00, :15, :30, :45 and last anywhere from 30-120 minutes.

Thanks!

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great news! We’ve been working hard on this feature and are excited to release it to you. We hope you enjoy this newest feature!

4. Be able to control times that are shown on the calendar

HOW ABOUT BEING ABLE TO CUSTOMIZE THE TIMES ON THE CALENDAR-FOR EXAMPLE WE DO NOT TEACH LESSONS AT 2 IN THE MORNING! MOST OF OUR LESSONS ARE AFTER SCHOOL AND IN THE EVENINGS-IT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE THE CALENDAR THEY WAY WE WANT IT, AND NOT HAVE TO SCROLL DOWN FROM 12AM TO SEE THE 4PM

52 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m happy to say that this is now possible. If you go to Settings → Studio Settings, you can specify the start and end times that are visible on the calendar for each day.

Let us know if you have any questions about this.

5. Remove the "Repeat Until" Requirement for Events

Anonymous wrote:

Hi there!
    Love the online app.
    Just one thing... I'm not sure I'm keen on the 'Repeat' requirement for events. What's the point of it? Because we have no way of knowing when a student will cease lessons, surely it would be easier to add a 'Until Further Notice' button, which will add the lesson to the calendar each week until we cancel it.
    Let me know what you think.

Thanks!
    Andy

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great news! We’ve been working hard on this feature and are excited to release it to you. We hope you enjoy this newest feature!

6. Allow multiple teachers on event

For certain classes, we have multiple teachers on the same event. Rather than clutter the admin. calendar with a separate event for each teacher, it would be nice to be able have multiple teachers on an event.

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow more then 7 teachers to be seen on the Calendar Teacher view.

Allow more then 7 teachers to be seen on the Calendar Teacher view.

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It’s unclear to me when this was changed, but currently, if you have more than 7 teachers, it will show them all. This makes for a very difficult calendar to read for many cases, but I would say this is completed.

8. Be able to change/edit events from calendar view, rather than having to go to the event

You can currently "delete" an event form calendar view, which saves allot of time, rather than having to go to the event profile and click delete. It would be nice to have the option to set an event to canceled, or change title, or move time, without having to click to the event profile, and lose your calendar view. For example: if I get a call to change someone's lesson around, it makes it easy to just plug in the new time for that makeup lesson, rather than have to go to the event time, and make sure I'm not…

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

At this time, it is possible to cancel an entire event from the popup. The new drag and drop functionality allows you to change the date and/or time without opening the full edit screen. If different functionality is required, please enter a new suggestion for it so that we can evaluate the specifics involved.

9. Single-Day or week Event Deletion

Enable single-day or multiple day deletion on the calendar to allow our school to show its holidays/break days... instead of having to delete each teacher's classes/lessons one event at a time for the entire day or week(s). This would be very helpful.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Sync with Google Calendar

Please allow us to sync our calendar with Google calendar. This will make it possible for us to have our calendar on all our devices (including iPhone), and also allow us to share our calendar with those who are not logged into Studio Helper.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now sync your calendar with Google Calendar, iCal, and other calendars! This is a one-way sync from Studio Helper to those calendar using an iCal feed. For instructions, click the Feed link in the calendar sidebar.

11. Allow "all students" to register for an event with an enrollment form

There are times (like recitals, playing parties & special events) that I want to open an event to all students -- not just the students of one teacher. An "all student" option would be great.

Thanks.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Integrate the ability to block out dates like in Music Teacher's Helper

Our music studio has variable schedules. For example, some of our teachers teach half-hour weekly lessons, some teacher 1 hour biweekly lessons, and others teach 45 minute lessons with one week off each month. This week is variable because the week off always coincides with a statutory holiday. Since we have 85 teachers, this would be idea if each teacher can block out their own dates.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

this has been completed on another ticket. go to calendar>setup>studio closure dates to create black out dates

13. update calendar display based on Studio Availability

if admin selects option for Studio Availability (and provides operating hours by day), can calendar be set to view those hours instead of 12AM to 12AM for all 7 days of the week?

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This ticket was chosen to be planned 4 years ago, and we failed to update you on this. Currently, if you go to Settings → Studio Settings, and you set a Start Time and End Time in the Preferences column (right below the Time Zone), the calendar will not display any time slots before the start time or after the end time.

After reviewing this, it appears to me that it meets the needs of what was originally asked for here, so I’m marking this one as Completed. If there is something different that is needed, please contact us by sending an email to support@studiohelper.com.

14. Please make a System template reminder for Cancellation

if a class is cancelled and we mark it as cancelled, students still receive an email as Event Reminder. I keep having this problem and my customer call me back all the time and say oh, we just cancelled the lesson for tomorrow why we receive the note says this is a reminder of the event instead of saying it is a confirmation that your class is cancelled. Actually I made a template and try to send email after we change the status of the class to cancel under the calendar; however as the template is not connected to any…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Fix PDF View of Calendar Printout

Currently, if there are multiple events happening at the same time (possible different locations), when this is printed out as pdf, the events happening later will overlap the earlier events.
    This makes viewing of the calendar impossible.

Also, there should be more time divisions on the pdf printout (i.e. dotted lines to divide per 30min or 15min intervals, solid lines to divide per 30min or 1hour).

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Change the calendar's delete all behavior.

After clicking the 'x' next to the date on the calendar to delete all events on a day, the calendar snaps your back to today. I think the calendar should stay on the week you were viewing when you deleted events.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is working as expected. While in week view, click the small x next to the day you want to delete. Once deleted, you are still in week view.

17. Custom Permissions...Create, Edit, Delete events on calendar

It would be great if you could separate the Create, Edit, Delete events on calendar options under permissions. For example some instructors I allow more freedom than others to adjust their schedules. Likewise, I don’t necessarily want anyone to be able to delete events so it seems that this permission option should be more flexible. Is there a way to customize this per instructor?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m happy to report that the permission to delete calendar events is now separated from the permission to create/edit calendar events. Note that, if you have staff members who are designated as Studio Managers, their permissions override this since the software treats them as if they were the Studio Admin.

We appreciate the continued input from customers, and we hope you find this change useful!

18. fix the "remove" button to de-register a student for a class, or a certain number of classes

I have students who register, pay their deposit, and don't show up, or I'll add them to the calendar and they'll switch classes halfway through, etc.

Also, I give free trial classes so I'd like to be able to register a student for just one class out of a 12 week series so they get the reminders, etc.

However, this button does not work when you press "remove" on the student list. Even if you consequently press "remove for all following" they are only removed for that day.

Furthermore, if you register a student for "just today" they automatically get…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Give Highlight Options to Attendance Status

It would be great if different Attendance Status could be more identifiable on the calendar. For example, if a student has canceled, but has given enough notice to receive a make-up lesson, then it would be great if we could set the attendance as 'Cancelled with Notice' and that it showed up with a highlighted colour or something. This way, when I am going through to check who we owe make-up lessons to, it will be as simple as looking at a week glance.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Student Appointment list view

Right now when a student logs on to the calendar, they see everything. (Cannot wait until they can only see their family's appointments and other open class/lesson times).

In Music Teachers Helper I seem to remember that a student could see just their own schedule in a list view.

What I would like in Studio Help is similar to what you see under AGENDA right now -- but would only have that student's family appointments.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Allan responded

You can go to the Calendar Permissions (Settings > Permissions) and under the question “Which events should parents and students see on the calendar?” select “Their own events only.”

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base