Skip to content

Suggestions

Please submit your ideas here for how we can improve Studio Helper. You have 10 votes you can use to vote for the ideas you’d like us to do next.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

140 results found

1. Automatic Billing: Recharge Billing

I currently use Recharge Billing for automatic billing and would like to use it with SH. From what I can see with both Paypal and Authorize.net, Recharge Billing costs less monthly than both for all the services. Recharge doesn't nickle and dime for the extra services like Authorize does and there's no setup fee. Thanks for considering.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. allow parents to see their teacher(s) in their people list.

I'd love it if families could see their teachers listed in their people lists and be able to see contact info and (ideally) be able to email them through their studio helper account.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  Cathy Conrad responded

We’ll consider your suggestion. In the meantime, you can contact your teachers by opening/viewing the event calendar. Then you can write comments that will be sent directly to the teacher.

not enough interest

3. add a permission option for parent/student-initiated changes.

Could a permission option be created for parent/student-initiated changes to their accounts?

Right now, parents/students can log in and add/delete students/parents,etc. Allowing parents/students access to updating some information is great (such as contact info). However, being able to add/delete, etc. may not be so great! Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add 'Instrument' to the Invoice line items

The Instrument associated with a lesson should be displayed on the invoice. This would drastically reduce the number of packages an administrator would need to add and track in the system. For instance, then you could associate a rate package of $20 for 30 minute lesson to multiple lesson types. Where as currently you would need to have 'Piano: $20 for 30 minutes", 'Guitar: $20 for 30 minutes".

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow teachers to create their own email templates.

Allow teachers to create their own email templates.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. add a lesson planning feature

"Lesson notes" is a great feature but only refers to lessons already taught. How about a feature in SH that allows instructors to think ahead and plan for upcoming lessons, specific to student? Admins should be able to see teachers' planned lessons. Also, planned lessons should be able to be exported and/or generated as a report. Planned lessons can optionally be made viewable by students.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. make an option to not send reminders to students on events who have a cancelled attendance

is there any way that your programers can make it that "cancelled" events with email reminders don't get sent, it would help us a lot :)
    - posted for Mike of DeAngelis Music Studios

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Potential Bug

Is anyone else experiencing things. When I go to change a payment amount (say the amount was entered wrong) the system is throwing a credit into the credit portion even though the new amount pays the invoice in full.

Create an invoice

Enter a payment with "wrong" total under invoice amount

Change the total to a number under the invoice amount and instead of the new total showing up the difference will show up and a credit for the original amount will be entered.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  Allan responded

If you still have the links to the invoice in question and payment with wrong total, please send the details to support@studiohelper.com. include the name of the student and the invoice # and the name of your studio. Also, provide as much details as possible so that we can try to recreate the issue you experienced.

Since this forum is mainly for feature requests, I will be declining this particular request but we will work on it internally as soon as we receive your email to support@studiohelper.com. Thanks and we’ll be waiting for your email.

9. Database for instrument rentals/loans

It would be very helpful to be able to maintain an inventory of instruments and track rentals. Another potential revenue stream for music studios!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can make use of the Lending Library to keep a database of instruments, books, and other school items that are currently being borrowed, keep track who’s borrowing them, and assign the current status (returned or not). You can find the Lending Library in your SH account here – https://www.studiohelper.com/lends/index/1/1/

10. have a, select all, option for setting reocurring invoices.

Our Studio bills for a month at a time, and going
    into all of my invoice that have already been created to check off the make recurring invoice option, and then going to the reoccurring billing page to set the date correctly (if the original invoice date is not when I want it to reoccur in future) is a pain. I was hoping there was an option to select all, set the date to reoccur, and then save. Perhaps something to consider.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  Cathy Conrad responded

We already have a select all when creating an invoice and then saving as a recurring. The date can also be changed by changing the invoice date on the top right. This will then change your date options below in the recurring. We will be closing this suggestion to free up the votes. However, if you have a different meaning then you can put in a new suggestion with better details on what it is you actually are wanting to see or do.

11. create Approval Processes

Generally, I'd like my teachers to be able to modify the schedule for some classes but they must be approved by their respective managers. The events calender/classes/student details etc is updated only after their respective managers review the changes and update them. The approval tasks can be reflected in the dashboard of the managers and/or an email alert.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. allow option for repeating events to choose options such as 2nd and 4th Saturday s.

My studio has group classes that happen on specific weeks and it is cumbersome to delete all of the weeks that classes do not take place. every other week does not work due to the occasional fifth week.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To set up a fortnightly event, select “Weekly”, then choose Repeat every “2” weeks. Then check the days you want the event to recur every two weeks. Lastly, select an End Date.

Here is how I have heard other studios handle this issue of the “5th week”:

Option 1) Tuition-based. Calculate how many weeks are in a given semester or year (ie. longer term than 1 month). Let’s say 52 weeks per year. If you charge $100/lesson, that’s $5200/year you would charge the student. You can still bill monthly (a flat rate of the yearly fee divided by 12), but the amount you charge does not change based on how many lessons the student attends in a given month. In a school, a student doesn’t get a discount on their tuition if they skip class one week, even if it was an emergency. Many professional studios will handle their tuition…

13. Add NAMES on the Tasks to do list

On the tasks overview, it would be helpful to see a list of the names of the people the tasks are assigned to and be able to sort the list by specific person.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. include goal setting functionality for both students and teachers (consider Mozilla Open Badges integration)

Goal setting is essential to getting results for students... it also helps the teacher find out what the student's motivations are for learning. How about including the ability to set, track and acknowledge goals that are specific to students?

One great resource for setting, tracking and acknowledging goals is Mozilla's Open Badge project. It seems like it could be integrated well with student profiles and displayed on their pages when they log in. Each studio could customize their badges to acknowledge certain benchmarks in learning depending on what teaching method it uses.

http://openbadges.org

Goal setting and the Open Badges system…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Email Teacher's Students

Right now there's not a check box or drop down to email a certain teacher's students. It does exist for instruments, but not teachers This would come in very handy. I'm sure the uses are self-evident, but just one use is in the case of a teacher absence and giving notification to parents.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can actually allow yourself (studio admin) and your teachers to send mass email to your/their student(s) by giving them this privilege in the Permissions page (Settings > Permissions). You can also go to the People List and check the box next to the name of the student you want to send email to. Then select Send Email in the drop down box that will appear above the list.

16. Email the Administrator for calendar edit screne

Is it possible for there to be another email check box that says "Email the Admimistrator" on the edit event page? When teachers make a calendar change that effects student invoices, we need to know.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show student phone number when event is clicked on the claendar

HOW ABOUT HAVING THE STUDENTS PHONE NUMBER APPEAR ON THE GRAY BOX THAT POPS UP WHEN YOU CLICK ON AN EVENT ON THE CALENDAR-RATHER THAT HAVING TO GO INTO THE PEOPLE LIST AND FIND THAT STUDENTS PROFILE PAGE

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Payments are too hard to track!

If someone owes $75.00 but pays $100, saying apply the rest to next month: sure it will apply the 75.00 to the existing invoice, and create a "credit". However, there is nowhere where it actually says there was $100.00 tendered at any time. When my clients get a payment receipt for said transaction, they don't see where they paid 100.00 and how it was applied. NEVER FAILS: when this scenario happens, I get a call/email protesting that they actually paid 100.00. There should be a way to track total payments.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. An option to host an online virtual classroom within Studio Helper

It would allow the teacher to teach online classes via webcam, whiteboard, and chat. I'm currently running an virtual online class using
    "E-Lecta Live" and Music Teachers Helper. I simply place the code on my announcements page and they log in to the virtual class site. But, I don't want to pay for two services when I can have an intergrated site. Can you help?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. VIRTUAL CLASSROOM SOFTWARE - www.e-lecta.com

It would allow the teacher to teach online classes via webcam, whiteboard, and chat. I'm currently running an virtual online class using
    "E-Lecta Live" www.e-lecta.com and Music Teachers Helper. I simply place the code on my announcements page and they log in to the virtual class site. But, I don't want to pay for two services when I can have an intergrated site. Can you help?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Suggestions