Skip to content

Suggestions

Please submit your ideas here for how we can improve Studio Helper. You have 10 votes you can use to vote for the ideas you’d like us to do next.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

127 results found

1. Updating status

Is is possible to update the status of all family members of the a student at the same time the status of the student is changed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Cathy Conrad responded

That is a good idea and something that we will consider during our next upgrades. I can see where this would be beneficial so that a family doesn’t get “separated” in the status area. We would have to make it an option though as some families will have multiple students in the family but not all active at the same time.

2. Add total number of Active Student Classes in Overview

under The Overview, please also show the total number of Active Student Classes. Now it only shows no.ofactive students. But as there are some students who takes multiple classes, it is helpful to have a glance of how many classes sign up.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. CRM Capability (Ability to log and track client communications)

It would be fantastic to have a tab available under the student or family to accurately log calls, emails and communication.

Even a simple text box such as this would be sufficient.

For example

Tues. Feb. 24 - client called to cancel lesson tomorrow. Teacher notified via email.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Tuesday Jan. 17th. Was able to accommodate a new lesson time on Wednesday @ 4:30. Confirmed with parent over the phone, teacher notified by email.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Monday Jan. 16th - Client called in and they would like to change lesson times but keep the same teacher. They are available on Wednesday…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  Cathy Conrad responded

We will be working on this to see the best way to provide this.

4. Create a "Preferred method of Contact" for Students, Parents, Teachers

Today, I had a teacher with several students need to cancel lessons. I used StudioHelper to email the affected students and parents, but learned that while some got the email in time, others don't/can't check email, and needed a phone call or text.

I suggest you create something that allows a "preferred method of contact" with the ability to include an email, or text number, or telephone number, and some way to see that information in a list of contacts.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Alphabetize Registration drop down menu

Hey,

We run a music school with a LOT of different course offerings. Students often take more than one lesson (vocals AND ukulele AND a group class, etc) and want everything available as a line item on their bill.

As a result, we have had to make a huge number of packages in the registration section.
    Right now, if I go to the registration section of SH...all of the packages sort alphabetically.
    If I try to pick a registration package the drop down menu on the student's page...the packages appear chronologically (according to creation date).

This makes searching among our…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We will be working on ways to minimize the drop down menu searching.

6. Search suggestion

It would be nice to be able to search for people using phone number or address or something other than just their name.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. add a pay teacher "per student" rate.

Instead of a percentage of package or hourly or other just a flat per student per month or week or lesson. But at least month.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For now you can use the flat rate per month. Since it is a flat rate no matter if you use packages or students.

8. Enabling the option of sorting by balance column in the Family Accounts display

It is often possible to change the display of a list by sorting it according to the column most crucial for our needs at the moment. But when viewing Reports > Family Accounts, it seems the clients can only be listed by the Client column (alphabetically) but I am not able to click on the Balance column so that the Family Accounts are sorted according to the Balance column. This would be very useful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Separation between mass emails and mass texts

When I send mass emails, Studio Helper puts all of the emails for each student together including the text mail. We should be able to select which one is used so we aren't sending out multiple emails and texts to the same person

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m not sure what you mean here. When sending mass email, you use the filters to choose which groups and people get the email. You can select all or you can individually select the recipients. If you have text email addresses in profiles as well as the regular email then they will get a duplicate. You will need to remove the text email address so they don’t get duplicates. That is not something that SH supports at the moment. In mass email history you will see who gets the email but each person gets the same email you created. If you need individualized emails, please use the email tab in your admin profile in the upper right corner and manually enter the email and/or text email of the person you need to send to.

10. Do not show "inactive " and "former" students in drop down menus in Reports

Sadly, the studio just does not have such a long list of students... So many inactive students just make the list cumbersome.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll put this under review to see if it gets enough votes but we have this in case inactive or former teachers and students return so you don’t lose their information. You would want this information for your bookkeeping purposes.

11. Add an option to allow certain staff to have administrator access

There have been many cases in which our staff has encountered problems with "permissions" related to features that are not listed on the permissions page. I believe this can be solved if there were a way to allow certain staff all the same permissions as the administrator account.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please consider linking "Closure Dates" to "Locations"

I have multiple locations and they all have differing vacation schedules... This poses a problem when I set the closure dates and then try and add lessons in these weeks for other locations. There aren't any decent work-arounds currently, besides deleting the closure dates, which would impact everything else.

I hope you do consider this please!

Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Option to choose default 'due by date' for manual invoices

When setting up invoicing have an option for due date to be calculated automatically '7 days from today' (or x days from today)

eg, today's date is 21/11/2014, so if my default due date were 'in 7 days' it would appear on the invoice as 28/11/2014

I believe this happens for recurring invoices, but it would be a huge time saver if it could be implemented on manual invoices too!

Thank you :)

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make A Checkbox For Duplicate Info On The Registration Form

When filling out the parent of a student on the registration form, often times there is duplicate information (email, phone, etc..). It would make it much more seamless if there was an option on the parents reg. form next to these boxes you could check that would carry this data over from the students registration.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add Teacher Status as Lessons Taught Report Option

I have something that might be easily inputted into a lessons taught report.

1) We have a lot of teachers who no longer teach for us.
    2) We don't want to lose a record of their past history (calendar events, attendance, etc.)
    3) There is an option to mark a teacher within his/her profile to a STATUS of "Active/Inactive/Former, etc."

4) Can this STATUS be added to the list of options for running a LESSONS TAUGHT report?

Happy to put this through the voting process, but it seems like an easy fix with almost no negative consequences.

Hope all is…

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For what this is asking about, it seems reasonable to do it in the relatively near future. That being said, it is not the most voted suggestion we’re looking at, so I can’t estimate how long it will be before doing it, but I can see a clear value to adding this.

16. Add a 'Fees charged'/transactions list

As in MTH, I can charge a fee anytime to a student, and it shows up on their invoice and transaction history. This is a great feature because I don't have to try to remember until the invoices are created at the end of the month. I can charge it as soon as it happens, and the invoice system pulls the info and includes on the total.

It helps me not forget money that is owed! I use this mostly for music purchased for students.

I think this would be a great addition to the current "add line item" feature.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good News! We are planning this so you will be able to do this, in the coming months.

17. Create an Undo feature

I would love to have an Undo (Cmd Z) feature that would essentially UNDO the last thing done i.e. I've often changed an Event and hit Save and then noticed something about it wasn't done correctly and have to go through the entire process again - an Undo your last entry would be so helpful!

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add a Mark as Sent feature to invoicing

When sending invoices via e-mail, the system tells me the last time it was sent. Some of my students have not provided e-mail addresses and so I send them their invoices in the mail, but the system does not provide me with information about when I sent it. If there was a Mark as Sent feature, I would know when the paper copies were sent as well as the e-mailed copies.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow Selection of Multiple Students (not all or one) on Lessons Taught Report

To have a report generated by selecting 1-4 students for a drop down list.

e.g.
    Start Date:
    End Date:
    Teacher:
    Event Category:
    Student 1:
    Student 2:
    Student 3:
    Student 4:
    Attendance:

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For what this is asking about, it seems reasonable to do it in the relatively near future. That being said, it is not the most voted suggestion we’re looking at, so I can’t estimate how long it will be before doing it, but I can see a clear value to adding this.

20. Add a counter feature to count the number of months a student has been enrolled.

We offer rewards to our students based on the length of time they have been registered. It becomes difficult when students leave for months at a time and return. According to their enrollment date, on paper it looks like they've been enrolled for longer than they actually were.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)