Skip to content

Suggestions

Please submit your ideas here for how we can improve Studio Helper. You have 10 votes you can use to vote for the ideas you’d like us to do next.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

140 results found

1. Expense Category

I need to be able to update/delete an expense category

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add option to open calendar in full screen view

created on behalf of Jeff at Fretvision

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Be able to sort tasks by priority, date, category, etc.

I use this as the daily todo list for my secretary. It's frustrating that I can't sort by the order she needs to accomplish them. I know there is priority, but beyond that, there's no ability to sort it myself. I'd also like an easy way to repeat tasks rather than sort through the alphabetical list of past tasks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Integration with RingByName

RingByName is a cloud-based PBX phone system. It would be awesome if there was an integration between Studio Helper and RingByName to pull client information so that when someone calls we can see who it is, make notes directly in their accounts, etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. allow the ability to set individual lesson rates for each student.

In our studio, some of our students have special rates. This might have to do with if they're new or returning, or sometimes we run a special and need to be able to individualize things a little further. It would make it a little simpler if we could manually punch in a rate per individual student, in addition to being able to create a package.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  Cathy Conrad responded

You already can do this by creating multiple packages for different rates and simply choosing that package when invoicing. Additionally, you can use a new line item to punch in individual rates instead of using a package from the drop down.

7. Package Registration to have Start/End Date or Status

Package registration for students might change, so the old registration becomes obsolete.
    However we want to keep the old registration as a history of what the student has taken but yet be able to retrieve the current active package(s) only.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. lesson notes on calender

I'd like to have lesson notes feature. Be able to view calender, and click notes tab on each scheduled student to record or view lesson details.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Forgot Password Button and You have entered your incorrect password Message

There should be a button that says forgot my password and username like every other site on the net. Also when a student incorrectly enters their password there should be a message that says, 'you have entered the wrong information' My students are confused when they try to log in and the page just reloads. They think the sites not working and do not realize they are entering the wrong info. I also have to go into the system and manually enter a new password for them. This is something they should be able to do on their own.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do have a forgot password link. It is in blue below the log in information. We also have a warning that comes up that tells a user the combination is not correct or the account is inactive. This is a universal message for all including students when it tells you the combination is not correct. Please see the screenshot here: http://screencast.com/t/EBTB8icjq

Once you click the link on the log in page it will auto send an email to the address you enter with a system generated password. Once logged in you can then proceed to your profile and enter a new password.

10. correct the spelling on email sent page

there is a spelling mistake, recipients not "receiptents".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not a suggestion. It actually does need to be fixed and has been sent to the programmers to fix. For things like this, please contact support instead of putting in a suggestion. Thanks!

11. Make reversible lists for invoices

Would like to be able to make a list of outstanding balances based on due date, and be able to see the most recent due.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can in fact see your most recent outstanding invoices and balances on the overview page. Click on overview in the top left corner. Also in reports, family accounts, will also give you outstanding balances as well as the money tab in each profile.

12. Add "Overdue Invoices" figure

Add the value of Overdue Invoices in the "In My Studio" area on the Dashboard.

Outstanding Invoices value is good to have, but the Overdue figure is more vital to keep track of.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Invoices do not show past due balances. For a past due balance, please use the statement. It is found in the “money” tab and scroll down to statements. Here you select the family and a date criteria that can span across several months so you can see what is outstanding. You can also email this to the family.

13. Keep lesson notes formatting in the Lessons Taught report

Being able to see a history of lesson notes for a specific student gives an overview of what we've been working on. Currently, this is available in the Lessons Taught report.

However, because all formatting of lesson notes is lost in this report, it makes it very difficult to use the information. Please keep the formatting on the report as it is entered (line breaks, especially) into lesson notes.

This is one of the few things that makes keeping lesson notes in the computer more useful than keeping them by hand. Please consider making the change!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We cannot keep line breaks into the lessons taught report due to character count. You have lesson notes in the student profile you can use that the student cannot see. It does not show up in their log in. And, if it is something you do want the student to see, simply enter the note into the attendance page by going to calendar>attendance, find the student, enter the note and mark attendance and click send notes to student. The history will be on the lessons taught report but will not be formatted. The notes section within an event is open discussion between the student/s, the teacher and admin

14. allow editing the color on events after they have already been made.

When creating events, you are given the option of color coding but after it is created and you go in to edit the event, color option is no longer available. This is inconvenient and illogical not to have. Please consider.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can change the color of the category and/or the location. Go to the calendar tab and down to category or location and edit from there. If you can’t see the color tab and not able to change the colors you just need to clear your cache and cookies from your browser.

15. Add user logo to interface.

Studio Logo has been uploaded in Studio Settings, but is not displayed on the top left in the user interface. Please correct.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there! You will be able to use your logo after your 30 day free trial. If you need technical help, please contact support by using the green feedback and support button in the bottom left hand corner of any screen and click contact support, not give feedback. This has been placed in suggestions.

16. add Studio Admin as a possible Task Assignee

I'd like to use Tasks as my own personal To-Do list, but I only have the option to assign tasks to other people. Wouldn't it make more sense if I could house all internal operations, even my To-Do list, inside my Studio Portal?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already assign tasks to admin. I encourage you to view the video tutorials in the help pages in the upper left screen or on youtube/studiohelper. Also please contact support for questions like this so we can help you before you put in a suggestion as studio helper can do many things and some things can get overlooked.

17. Add the ability to upload a receipt when adding a new Expense

It would be great to add an upload field to the Expense form so that we can scan & attach receipts, invoices & remittance notices!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We just added a document tab to your profiles where you can upload items such as receipts to that area.

18. create option for caps on registrations, based on package

We have problems with over-enrollment in classes because there are no caps available during the registration process. Since students are choosing a package when they register, why can't caps be utilized during registration rather than waiting for the enrollment step?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do have cap limit on the enrollment form for active students. If you are referring to the remote registration on a separate website, that would be limiting the number of students who are interested in your studio. There will not be a cap on the remote registration. That would be up to you to organize the new students into acceptable classes.

19. create a Statement List similar to the Invoice and Payment lists

I send statements to clients after they have made payments on invoices because the statements contain more and better info than either the Invoice or Payment forms. However, there is no Statement list so there is no record of when the statements were sent. Ideally there should be a master list in the system of when clients received invoices, statements, emails, etc. -- any correspondence between our studio and the client should be documented.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You have the invoice list that will state the last date an invoice was sent…..these invoices stay in a list…you also have email history for mass emails. We are working on an email history for the profiles but is not finished yet. Please note we are not an email client. The statements do not have a list as they are generated with different criteria (months) as you need them. You can print or save the statement to pdf and then upload that particular statement to the student/parent profile in the documents tab.

20. list actual phone numbers on the People List

When I pull up People List and check the option to display the phone, I get " usefamily" instead of an actual phone number. Please display the Family Phone!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The people list will show phone numbers. However I just saw the same thing on some phone numbers, not all. This is a bug that needs to be reported. I’m declining this as not everything is to be put into suggestions. Please contact support for this issue and note that support is available 24/7 for an questions you may have or possible bugs.

• Don't see your idea?

Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base