Skip to content

Suggestions

Please submit your ideas here for how we can improve Studio Helper. You have 10 votes you can use to vote for the ideas you’d like us to do next.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

36 results found

1. Miss-Clicks deleting classes

We have had several classes deleted in error, and not picked up on untill a teaches says their pay is short.

When you click on a class in the calendar a dialogue box opens, At the bottom of the box are: EDIT, DELETE, CANCEL EVENT, [SPACE] to lower the instances of "miss-clicks" it would be helpful to reorder as EDIT, [SPACE] CANCEL EVENT, DELETE

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I really think we should have an option to show how much the parents are paying for each lesson. I log in as a teacher and when i check "

Hi cathy, I really don't think the teachers should see how much the parents are paying. As I log in as a teacher, i clicked "report", "Lesson Taught" and checked "show lesson cost", it shows that he supposed to make $1440 instead of $820 what I am paying for. He will feel bad about working for me and take all the students away from me. Please give the administrator to have an option to show the lesson cost or not.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  6 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. CRM Capability (Ability to log and track client communications)

It would be fantastic to have a tab available under the student or family to accurately log calls, emails and communication.

Even a simple text box such as this would be sufficient.

For example

Tues. Feb. 24 - client called to cancel lesson tomorrow. Teacher notified via email.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Tuesday Jan. 17th. Was able to accommodate a new lesson time on Wednesday @ 4:30. Confirmed with parent over the phone, teacher notified by email.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Monday Jan. 16th - Client called in and they would like to change lesson times but keep the same teacher. They are available on Wednesday…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  Cathy Conrad responded

We will be working on this to see the best way to provide this.

4. Alphabetize Registration drop down menu

Hey,

We run a music school with a LOT of different course offerings. Students often take more than one lesson (vocals AND ukulele AND a group class, etc) and want everything available as a line item on their bill.

As a result, we have had to make a huge number of packages in the registration section.
    Right now, if I go to the registration section of SH...all of the packages sort alphabetically.
    If I try to pick a registration package the drop down menu on the student's page...the packages appear chronologically (according to creation date).

This makes searching among our…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We will be working on ways to minimize the drop down menu searching.

5. create an alternative Practice Log design appealing to children

I'm curious whether the practice log feature has been popular in studios amongst the young students. Because I find the display is fine for adult students but for children it wouldn't be appealing enough to begin using it or to continue to do so in the long term. It would be nice to have an alternative display that has bubbly graphics, maybe something with stars or like this for instance:

http://www.rewardcharts4kids.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/musical-reward-charts-4.jpg

http://www.musicmotion.com/images/1525_l.jpg

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make A Checkbox For Duplicate Info On The Registration Form

When filling out the parent of a student on the registration form, often times there is duplicate information (email, phone, etc..). It would make it much more seamless if there was an option on the parents reg. form next to these boxes you could check that would carry this data over from the students registration.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Search suggestion

It would be nice to be able to search for people using phone number or address or something other than just their name.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add a 'Fees charged'/transactions list

As in MTH, I can charge a fee anytime to a student, and it shows up on their invoice and transaction history. This is a great feature because I don't have to try to remember until the invoices are created at the end of the month. I can charge it as soon as it happens, and the invoice system pulls the info and includes on the total.

It helps me not forget money that is owed! I use this mostly for music purchased for students.

I think this would be a great addition to the current "add line item" feature.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good News! We are planning this so you will be able to do this, in the coming months.

9. Easily allow admins to be teachers

It would be nice to have a streamlined way to allow admins (me, a studio owner) to have one login for admin and teaching. Currently I have to have a different login and email. If it could be one login, and then we could switch the view upon entering the sight.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add a counter feature to count the number of months a student has been enrolled.

We offer rewards to our students based on the length of time they have been registered. It becomes difficult when students leave for months at a time and return. According to their enrollment date, on paper it looks like they've been enrolled for longer than they actually were.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is something we will be working on in the upcoming year

11. Add Teacher Status as Lessons Taught Report Option

I have something that might be easily inputted into a lessons taught report.

1) We have a lot of teachers who no longer teach for us.
    2) We don't want to lose a record of their past history (calendar events, attendance, etc.)
    3) There is an option to mark a teacher within his/her profile to a STATUS of "Active/Inactive/Former, etc."

4) Can this STATUS be added to the list of options for running a LESSONS TAUGHT report?

Happy to put this through the voting process, but it seems like an easy fix with almost no negative consequences.

Hope all is…

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For what this is asking about, it seems reasonable to do it in the relatively near future. That being said, it is not the most voted suggestion we’re looking at, so I can’t estimate how long it will be before doing it, but I can see a clear value to adding this.

12. Allow Selection of Multiple Students (not all or one) on Lessons Taught Report

To have a report generated by selecting 1-4 students for a drop down list.

e.g.
    Start Date:
    End Date:
    Teacher:
    Event Category:
    Student 1:
    Student 2:
    Student 3:
    Student 4:
    Attendance:

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For what this is asking about, it seems reasonable to do it in the relatively near future. That being said, it is not the most voted suggestion we’re looking at, so I can’t estimate how long it will be before doing it, but I can see a clear value to adding this.

13. make alerts for students when they've been on the roster for a full year.

Similar to the birthday alerts on the Overview screen, an alert for student 'anniversaries' would be very helpful to client retention! We try to give students some reward when they hit a year with us, and this feature would help ensure that we don't miss any! Thanks for considering.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Update "Updated Package Rates/Prices" automatically in Calendar

When you change a package/ rate (ie updating pricing for 2014) and there are events that have already been assigned a package with a price; the package field goes blank & the price remains at the old rate.

This is horrible when dealing with 300+ calendar events per week, having to go through and individually change each package to the new updated package (even though it was selected originally).
    This greatly affects billing from the calendar (as we almost sent out 500 invoices at our old rate, even though we had updated the package!)

It would be nice to see…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. If there is a negative number in the Balance Due field, there should be an option to add that to credit

If you remove a charge from a client's invoice after they pay, it will show a negative balance in the 'Balance Due' field. There should be a way to apply that remaining balance into their credit!
    With the current studiohelper set-up, if a student pays in advance for the month, and then cancels one of their lessons after paying, you must delete their and recreate their invoice, delete and recreate their payment, delete and recreate their credit. Please implement this modification, it would solve a huge problem for us!

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Create Book and Pay function for NEW & returning students to register, book & pay for their own lessons, for efficient connection

While Studio Helper does allow new students to register, it would be helpful if it could be an instant registration that also allows them to pay at the same time. This helps us connect with new students and further guarantee commitment.

93 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Student Clash

In the calendar section I would like to be able to see when I register my students for a particular class whether there are any clashes i.e. the same student being registered for two or more events in the same time slot on the same day. At the moment this option is only available for scheduling teachers. There is a pop-up window, warning the user that a teacher is already registered to teach another class at this time. I think it would be very convenient if as well as for teachers a pop-up warning appeared when a student is being…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Create a quick way to see that Studio/ Location/ Teacher is unavailable on calendar without seeing event details

We want everyone, regardless of permissions, to be able to see that certain times are BOOKED on the calendar when they log in! These times should include studio-wide Blackout days (holidays, etc), when locations are full, or when teachers are booked. This would be SO helpful for parents and teachers trying to schedule makeup lessons!! Could be as simple as a color change and would be an easy expansion of your already in-development Calendar Blackout option.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Only show available teachers on calendar.

Right now, the calendar shows all teachers on all days. It should only show the teachers who have availability on that day so that you don't have to filter teachers every time you look at a different day.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Have the student's teacher show up in the drop-down "people" menu.

When students log in, the only "people" that they can see are their own family. It would be good if their teacher's name and email address would be in the drop-down menu - as well as the contact email for the studio.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1