Skip to content

Suggestions

Please submit your ideas here for how we can improve Studio Helper. You have 10 votes you can use to vote for the ideas you’d like us to do next.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

35 results found

1. Show locations in Agenda view

The view of the calendar is fairly limiting. It would be wonderful if the locations could be included with the Agenda view (or to create a Report that lists time, room, student and teacher) - it's helpful to our receptionist (who doesn't have a computer/internet) to see the room number that the student/teacher will be in at their appointed time. You can then select agenda and it will give you info for that day.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  Cathy Conrad responded

The student schedule report has event, time, location, teacher, date and category. Please run that report.

2. enable a way to cancel all lessons for specific day

To make an option which allows you to cancel all lessons for a specific day. It is very tedious and time consuming to cancel 60 lessons for a holiday or school closure.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion but I am going to decline it because we do have that feature now. There is a red x at the header of each day that you click to cancel all on that specific date.

3. allow student to register for a single event in a series of recurring events

MTH has this capability so I'm hoping this is an easy addition to SH.

In MTH, you can set up a recurring appointment and identify it as an open lesson time. There is an icon of an open book for open times and a closed book when the lesson slot is full. This makes it easy for the next student to see if that lesson time is still available.

This functionality would be saving me endless headaches over the summer. With all the student vacations it's a real pain for me to manually enter all the dates.

MTH allowed me…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Double Booking?

I've been running into trouble with a certain thing. Sometimes a student will cancel a fair amount of time in advance, and I will adjust their attendance accordingly to absent or canceled. Often times I will then book a one-time make up lesson for another student in that same slot. When I try to book it in the calendar, however, it will say the slot is already taken (even though the slot was canceled). Is there a way around this (don't know if I'm missing something?)? If not, can there be a way for this to be fixed?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please email support for issues with the program. :-) support@studiohelper.com. The double booking will not allow you to book a time slot that is already booked by either the teacher or student in the series somewhere. It may not be doublebooked on the day you are creating the event, but will be somewhere in the repeating series weeks, which is the reason it will not let you. You will need to find the double booking in the series of events. For more help, please email support. This is a support issue and not technically a suggestion. I will decline this for you and wait to hear from you in support.

5. Make edited events save faster

When we edit the title of events (ours have room numbers so our staff knows where to be), it is taking extreme amounts of time to save... 5+ minutes usually. Ridiculous.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This usually happens if you have repeat events for over a year. We recommend only saving repeating events for up to one year only. You also probably need to clear your cache and cookies from your browser. Please correct both of these and you will see that saving is faster. If you continue to have problems please contact support@studiohelper.com as this is not a feature to vote on in this area.

6. parents & students to calendar view should see all events only from his teacher

Now we have given access to students & parents to view All calendar events. There are only 2 options: all events or only their own events. But problem for the first option is: they can then view all other teachers' events. Which can be confusing and not productive. Can the student only be able to view his teacher's availability schedule but without the names of other students on his calendar?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In order to see availability of a teacher, you can create enrollment forms which will show open classes for that particular teacher to the students so they can see available classes and not other students in the list. If a student is in a group class, they will see the other students in the class when viewing the event on the calendar. We are also working on an upgrade of the calendar so it will be different in the future.

7. Calendar Syncing with Google Cal etc.

It would be such a great feature to have the option for each teacher to sync their teaching calendar with Google Calendars (or iCal, etc.) so that they have their calendar locally, updated live.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already do this. When in the calendar view on the far right above the mini calendar is a sync. Use that and you can synch your calendar to google.

8. Change recurring event setup to skip over studio closures

The calendar rejects new events that are recurring if at some point they fall on a studio closure date. Change it so that you can still create the event while skipping over the studio closure.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

when we made this feature we tried that and could not come to a good resolution for that. For now you have to create an event up to a closure date and then create again after the closure date.

9. Have parents link in the grey calendar dialogue box

When you click on an event, it lists the details in the grey dialogue box. It lists the teacher with a link to the teacher profile, the student with a link to the student profile and it also needs (if they are a child) the parent name a link to their profile. At the moment, if I'm working from the calendar and I need parent details, I have to click through the student profile and then again to the parent profile. This is pretty cumbersome. One click would be much more efficient, especially as we're more likely to need the…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is very little room in the grey box, therefore we can only list a few pertinent things. It is actually only two clicks to get to the parent…click the student, which brings you to their profile, and then to the right it lists the parent, which is clickable. That’s only two clicks to get where you need to go.

10. Allow a way to allocate a single lesson to a different/fill in teacher

It would be helpful to be able to allocate a different teacher to a single lesson. Ie.. when I have a teacher away sick/touring and another of my staff fills in, it would be helpful to be able to click a button from the grey calendar dialogue button to 'change teacher for this event' as a one off. This would allow me to more easily run payroll and for the teachers to see that lesson on their own calendar (if they're the one filling in).

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We just finished this feature but it is not in the grey box. If you go into the event itself, you will be able to change the teacher or add a teacher. Just be sure if changing a teacher that the students have a registration package with the new teachers name. It will then show up in the new teacher’s profile. Hope this helps. :)

11. Assign Individual Teachers Different Colors in Calendar

Would it be possible to allow multiple teachers to have different colors or shades in the calendar? It can be very difficult to se whose student is whose on a day when we have multiple teachers teaching at the same time. Assigning individual teachers their own color would enable administrators to more easily see gaps and schedule new students. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already do this by assigning the teacher name to the category list. Choose category, enter new category as the teacher name and choose a color. The next time you enter an event or edit an event choose the category of the teacher name and it will show that color on the calendar.

12. allow editing the color on events after they have already been made.

When creating events, you are given the option of color coding but after it is created and you go in to edit the event, color option is no longer available. This is inconvenient and illogical not to have. Please consider.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can change the color of the category and/or the location. Go to the calendar tab and down to category or location and edit from there. If you can’t see the color tab and not able to change the colors you just need to clear your cache and cookies from your browser.

13. allow access to attendance notes and have a special place where we can view them

When taking attendance, I list who attended or didn't attend their lesson and the reason. Sometimes I include notes about when the parent called to cancel and how much notice they gave. Since its important to keep track of attendance and missed lessons for record keeping purposes, I think studio helper should allow studios the option to view past taken attendance notes.

Currently you can only click on an event and you'll see a line through the student's name if they were absent or canceled. That's not enough info.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Attendance notes are seen when you run the lessons taught report. Pick the different criteria and click show notes at the bottom. Your attendance notes are there.

14. lesson notes on calender

I'd like to have lesson notes feature. Be able to view calender, and click notes tab on each scheduled student to record or view lesson details.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Calendar View

Can we save the look of our calendars, so that when we log off and on, we can come back and see the same screen image and settings as we logged out with, without having to "toggle the sidebar" or select "teachers" or "day" or "week" settings, in order to save time in getting it back to the same view that we always use?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add option to open calendar in full screen view

created on behalf of Jeff at Fretvision

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. allow option for repeating events to choose options such as 2nd and 4th Saturday s.

My studio has group classes that happen on specific weeks and it is cumbersome to delete all of the weeks that classes do not take place. every other week does not work due to the occasional fifth week.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  Allan responded

To set up a fortnightly event, select “Weekly”, then choose Repeat every “2” weeks. Then check the days you want the event to recur every two weeks. Lastly, select an End Date.

Here is how I have heard other studios handle this issue of the “5th week”:

Option 1) Tuition-based. Calculate how many weeks are in a given semester or year (ie. longer term than 1 month). Let’s say 52 weeks per year. If you charge $100/lesson, that’s $5200/year you would charge the student. You can still bill monthly (a flat rate of the yearly fee divided by 12), but the amount you charge does not change based on how many lessons the student attends in a given month. In a school, a student doesn’t get a discount on their tuition if they skip class one week, even if it was an emergency. Many professional studios will handle their tuition…

18. Show student phone number when event is clicked on the claendar

HOW ABOUT HAVING THE STUDENTS PHONE NUMBER APPEAR ON THE GRAY BOX THAT POPS UP WHEN YOU CLICK ON AN EVENT ON THE CALENDAR-RATHER THAT HAVING TO GO INTO THE PEOPLE LIST AND FIND THAT STUDENTS PROFILE PAGE

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a Staff Calendar

Add a Staff calendar so I can schedule my staff. It would allow the staff to login to see there schedule or allow me to send email reminders about special scheduling, studio weather related closings, school holidays etc.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can modify the attendance afterward by clicking the event from the calendar, and editing it.

For an attendance report, you can view or print the lessons taught report. It is filterable by teacher, date range and by student. You can also click to view notes and lesson cost. At the bottom for each teacher is the number of hours for attended classes, the cost of the lesson and hours of cancelled lessons. This report is exportable to your computer. It also shows which classes were attended, absent or cancelled

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base