Skip to content

Suggestions

Please submit your ideas here for how we can improve Studio Helper. You have 10 votes you can use to vote for the ideas you’d like us to do next.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

35 results found

1. Invoice credits

With credits, they need to be more visible. With so many students I forget who has a credit and who doesn't. Even when sending someone an invoice It should be attached somehow with maybe the option of making it more visible, or maybe even adjusting the invoice total automatically.
    Please consider this because it is really frustrating...
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Money  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  Cathy Conrad responded

Once the invoice is created there actually is a line item that states any remaining credit amount and on the far right is the ability to apply credit from that screen.
    http://screencast.com/t/1qTZssHh
    In the money tab of each parent profile also lists credits that person may have. Additionally, you have a credits list that you can access to get credits. You do need to create the invoice and save it then go back and click view to see the credits that are available and how much.

2. Provide a balance forward line on invoices.

At present, if a client is past due, I must send either the old invoice/s or a statement which does not provide a link to PayPal. I like the way the statement shows invoice and payment history but clients cannot pay online from the statement. The current month's invoice does not reflect any past due amount. This would simplify the process and avoid confusion for the client who receives multiple invoices and a statements and an email explaining the past due.

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is a balance due at the bottom of the invoice for any previous balances. The balance due reflects previous balance plus the current invoice amount. An invoice is for current billing. To see all the info you need/wanting, the statement is available that lists everything along with a balance due and a pay link.

3. add 1st of the month to due date options

I suggest that you add a 1st day of the month option to the possible due dates when setting up recurring invoices,

I would like to have my invoices drop on the 20th of each month with a consistent due date of the 1st day of the next month.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jonathan, Thank you for the suggestion, however, you can set the invoice date as the 20th which is the drop date and the due date can be the first of the next month. The recurring will be consistent in that.

4. Delete and Edit Recurring Invoices on Same Page

Why can't I delete recurring invoices from this screen? This actually tells me which one I'm deleting. If I have duplicates, when I return to the Recurring Invoice List, I can't tell which one is which at present

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Apply single payment to multiple outstanding invoices

I had a client with a late invoice and a current invoice. He made one payment for both, but I couldn't apply his payments to multiple invoices, so I had to apply it to one invoice, take the rest as credit THEN go back and process a payment from credit balance

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello. You can apply payments to multiple invoices now. When you go to receive payment, choose the client, if they have multiple invoices with balances due they will show up in a list. At the bottom of the list is a blue link that says apply payment to multiple invoices. At which point check boxes appear next to each invoice and then an empty box where you can enter the amount to apply to each invoice. Please see this screenshot. If you need help please contact us at support@studiohelper.com

http://screencast.com/t/BRDgNN3yT

6. create a Statement List similar to the Invoice and Payment lists

I send statements to clients after they have made payments on invoices because the statements contain more and better info than either the Invoice or Payment forms. However, there is no Statement list so there is no record of when the statements were sent. Ideally there should be a master list in the system of when clients received invoices, statements, emails, etc. -- any correspondence between our studio and the client should be documented.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You have the invoice list that will state the last date an invoice was sent…..these invoices stay in a list…you also have email history for mass emails. We are working on an email history for the profiles but is not finished yet. Please note we are not an email client. The statements do not have a list as they are generated with different criteria (months) as you need them. You can print or save the statement to pdf and then upload that particular statement to the student/parent profile in the documents tab.

7. Add the ability to upload a receipt when adding a new Expense

It would be great to add an upload field to the Expense form so that we can scan & attach receipts, invoices & remittance notices!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We just added a document tab to your profiles where you can upload items such as receipts to that area.

8. Add "Overdue Invoices" figure

Add the value of Overdue Invoices in the "In My Studio" area on the Dashboard.

Outstanding Invoices value is good to have, but the Overdue figure is more vital to keep track of.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Invoices do not show past due balances. For a past due balance, please use the statement. It is found in the “money” tab and scroll down to statements. Here you select the family and a date criteria that can span across several months so you can see what is outstanding. You can also email this to the family.

9. Add Negative Balance Back to Invoicing

Until very recently when an invoice was updated at the end of a month a negative balance was created in the owed line of the invoicing summary page. Now the summary page simply shows zero due rather than a regular number. This means that money effectively disappears in the system at least from a visual perspective.

Please fix the invoicing feature so that when invoices are updated at the end of a month to reflect the actual lessons attended vs those cancelled if a parent has a credit remaining from payment this will show on the invoice.

For instance

4…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

SH is doing away with the negative balance on invoices. We do have a new feature of credit remaining on invoices if they have been overpaid. We will work on making sure that a cancelled lesson will now show up as a credit as well.

10. Make reversible lists for invoices

Would like to be able to make a list of outstanding balances based on due date, and be able to see the most recent due.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can in fact see your most recent outstanding invoices and balances on the overview page. Click on overview in the top left corner. Also in reports, family accounts, will also give you outstanding balances as well as the money tab in each profile.

11. Expense Payment Type

I need to be able to represent how an expense has been paid out - by check, or cash or other means.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. allow the ability to set individual lesson rates for each student.

In our studio, some of our students have special rates. This might have to do with if they're new or returning, or sometimes we run a special and need to be able to individualize things a little further. It would make it a little simpler if we could manually punch in a rate per individual student, in addition to being able to create a package.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You already can do this by creating multiple packages for different rates and simply choosing that package when invoicing. Additionally, you can use a new line item to punch in individual rates instead of using a package from the drop down.

13. Online payment options for UK studios

Would be great to have an affiliate payment body such as authorize.met but for UK clients so our students can pay online through studio helper. Paypal is ok but a surprising number of our students don't have a paypal account and can't be bothered with the hassle of setting one up. It's important we get an online payment option with nominal fees too, 5.5% is too much!!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll be looking into potential merchant accounts besides Paypal that will support UK customers. Most have very high fees, however.

14. Expense Category

I need to be able to update/delete an expense category

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Delete Vendor

Items in Vendor List should be able to be deleted/updated

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Canadian Merchant Providers

Canada needs more options for integration. My company uses TD Merchant Services and we're getting such an awesome rate that we will not switch. As it currently sits, this is the only reason why we are not currently considering Studio Helper is for this very reason.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

we are looking at other options and will announce it when other choices are available.

17. track individual attendance from enrollment date

Keeping track of attended classes for each student from the date of enrollment or re-enrollment is challenging especially since we have rolling enrollment. I'm using a spread sheet to track each student and knowing when to send out new invoices before their lessons run out. It would be great if studiohelper :can track individual attendance and absences and provide a notice and consolidated report perhaps 2-3 weeks before their last lesson so that new invoices for continuation can be sent out.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow student to print a pdf receipt of their payments, and have the option to select a specific date range on one single receipt

Students who want to submit receipts for taxes purposes currently have to print several individual invoices for the year, or do a print screen of the payment list which does not look professional. It would be great to be able to generate a single pdf document that would display the studio name, their info, and the specific payment info they wanted. The look should be similar to the invoices, but they would be able to select a date range to generate the form and have all the info on 1 sheet instead to several separate pages.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Automatic Billing: Recharge Billing

I currently use Recharge Billing for automatic billing and would like to use it with SH. From what I can see with both Paypal and Authorize.net, Recharge Billing costs less monthly than both for all the services. Recharge doesn't nickle and dime for the extra services like Authorize does and there's no setup fee. Thanks for considering.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add 'Instrument' to the Invoice line items

The Instrument associated with a lesson should be displayed on the invoice. This would drastically reduce the number of packages an administrator would need to add and track in the system. For instance, then you could associate a rate package of $20 for 30 minute lesson to multiple lesson types. Where as currently you would need to have 'Piano: $20 for 30 minutes", 'Guitar: $20 for 30 minutes".

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1