Skip to content

Suggestions

Please submit your ideas here for how we can improve Studio Helper. You have 10 votes you can use to vote for the ideas you’d like us to do next.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

35 results found

1. Provide a balance forward line on invoices.

At present, if a client is past due, I must send either the old invoice/s or a statement which does not provide a link to PayPal. I like the way the statement shows invoice and payment history but clients cannot pay online from the statement. The current month's invoice does not reflect any past due amount. This would simplify the process and avoid confusion for the client who receives multiple invoices and a statements and an email explaining the past due.

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  Cathy Conrad responded

There is a balance due at the bottom of the invoice for any previous balances. The balance due reflects previous balance plus the current invoice amount. An invoice is for current billing. To see all the info you need/wanting, the statement is available that lists everything along with a balance due and a pay link.

2. have a, select all, option for setting reocurring invoices.

Our Studio bills for a month at a time, and going
    into all of my invoice that have already been created to check off the make recurring invoice option, and then going to the reoccurring billing page to set the date correctly (if the original invoice date is not when I want it to reoccur in future) is a pain. I was hoping there was an option to select all, set the date to reoccur, and then save. Perhaps something to consider.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We already have a select all when creating an invoice and then saving as a recurring. The date can also be changed by changing the invoice date on the top right. This will then change your date options below in the recurring. We will be closing this suggestion to free up the votes. However, if you have a different meaning then you can put in a new suggestion with better details on what it is you actually are wanting to see or do.

3. add an option for applying discounts to packages.

We offer family and other discounts. It would be great if the percentage could be applied either to the package or to the total amount of the bill.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Not enough votes for this one. You can manually add discounts to individual invoices that you create for each family by adding a new item with a negative amount (denoted by a minus “-” sign). For example -10.

If you give fixed amount discounts on a number of clients, a workaround that I can suggest right now is to add a separate “package” with values equal to, lets say, 5% of a package with a negative value. For instance, Package A costs is $100/month. Create a corresponding "5% discount package for Package A amounting to 5% of $100 or -$5. Create similar “discount package entries” for your other packages. Your teachers and staff can then simply select this discount from the drop down menu while creating an invoice.

4. Show Payment Date in Invoice

Currently, no payment date is shown on the invoice when the invoice has been paid.
    Show payment date in the invoice. This is to allow better tracking and mapping of payment and invoice.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add 'Instrument' to the Invoice line items

The Instrument associated with a lesson should be displayed on the invoice. This would drastically reduce the number of packages an administrator would need to add and track in the system. For instance, then you could associate a rate package of $20 for 30 minute lesson to multiple lesson types. Where as currently you would need to have 'Piano: $20 for 30 minutes", 'Guitar: $20 for 30 minutes".

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. track individual attendance from enrollment date

Keeping track of attended classes for each student from the date of enrollment or re-enrollment is challenging especially since we have rolling enrollment. I'm using a spread sheet to track each student and knowing when to send out new invoices before their lessons run out. It would be great if studiohelper :can track individual attendance and absences and provide a notice and consolidated report perhaps 2-3 weeks before their last lesson so that new invoices for continuation can be sent out.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow student to print a pdf receipt of their payments, and have the option to select a specific date range on one single receipt

Students who want to submit receipts for taxes purposes currently have to print several individual invoices for the year, or do a print screen of the payment list which does not look professional. It would be great to be able to generate a single pdf document that would display the studio name, their info, and the specific payment info they wanted. The look should be similar to the invoices, but they would be able to select a date range to generate the form and have all the info on 1 sheet instead to several separate pages.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add Negative Balance Back to Invoicing

Until very recently when an invoice was updated at the end of a month a negative balance was created in the owed line of the invoicing summary page. Now the summary page simply shows zero due rather than a regular number. This means that money effectively disappears in the system at least from a visual perspective.

Please fix the invoicing feature so that when invoices are updated at the end of a month to reflect the actual lessons attended vs those cancelled if a parent has a credit remaining from payment this will show on the invoice.

For instance

4…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

SH is doing away with the negative balance on invoices. We do have a new feature of credit remaining on invoices if they have been overpaid. We will work on making sure that a cancelled lesson will now show up as a credit as well.

9. Default of Payment Date

When receiving payment, the Deposited On field should be automatically defaulted to current date if no value has been input.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Online payment options for UK studios

Would be great to have an affiliate payment body such as authorize.met but for UK clients so our students can pay online through studio helper. Paypal is ok but a surprising number of our students don't have a paypal account and can't be bothered with the hassle of setting one up. It's important we get an online payment option with nominal fees too, 5.5% is too much!!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll be looking into potential merchant accounts besides Paypal that will support UK customers. Most have very high fees, however.

11. Negative # on Invoices

NEED to be able to enter a negative number on invoices, for credits etc. Surely this is not hard to do. Your invoicing needs to be able to do what typical invoicing software can do. How about % feature for discounts etc.
    Thanks!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  2 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Would love to be able to get a balance of cash at end of a period to balance till

There isn't anywhere that gives you an end of day till balance. Is is possible for a balance to exist in payment list?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Financial Reports

It would be great if the reports could be higher functioning like QuickBooks or at least be able to access more detailed reports e.g. run a report on outstanding invoices per category. It seems this is supposed to be an option but I am unable to generate it.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Payments are too hard to track!

If someone owes $75.00 but pays $100, saying apply the rest to next month: sure it will apply the 75.00 to the existing invoice, and create a "credit". However, there is nowhere where it actually says there was $100.00 tendered at any time. When my clients get a payment receipt for said transaction, they don't see where they paid 100.00 and how it was applied. NEVER FAILS: when this scenario happens, I get a call/email protesting that they actually paid 100.00. There should be a way to track total payments.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. add 1st of the month to due date options

I suggest that you add a 1st day of the month option to the possible due dates when setting up recurring invoices,

I would like to have my invoices drop on the 20th of each month with a consistent due date of the 1st day of the next month.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jonathan, Thank you for the suggestion, however, you can set the invoice date as the 20th which is the drop date and the due date can be the first of the next month. The recurring will be consistent in that.

16. List Payments by Deposted Date

Currently listing of payments can be done only by Date, not by Deposited Date.

Would like to have the option to list by deposited date.

Reason:
    Created Date is 24th, but Deposited Date is 25th.
    I want to extract all payments deposited on 25th.
    Presently, this is not possible.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add Option to Receive Payment Without First Issuing an Invoice

Please add an option to allow sending a payment receipt without having to send an invoice. I have many clients who always bring payment with them on the day of the lesson. They don't need an invoice, but I really want to be able to send an invoice. It seems unnecessary to send an invoice to people who always pay at their lesson.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Details of Invoice Printout

When printing the invoice out as pdf, the details of the items will be truncated. These are the items where the names are longer than the column width, these will get truncated.

We should not give customers invoices with descriptions or names truncated.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. further break down the accounting permissions for more flexibility

Our teachers collect payments from the students as we have no front desk person. When they are in SH they just need to know whether a student owes money or not - that is all they need to see and do. l need teachers to view student money owed and paid only. I don't want them to see other items like expenses.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to integrate fully with authorize.net

I use authorize.net for other parts of my business, and one requirement of mine is that we have a card code. Since we rely heavily on students paying their invoices online, can you please add a form part for the 3 or 4 digit card code so that students may pay via the invoice?

Currently because my authorize.net requirement is the card number, date of expiration, and card code, I cannot accept payments through the invoice and the error reads "card code required".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1