Skip to content

Suggestions

Please submit your ideas here for how we can improve Studio Helper. You have 10 votes you can use to vote for the ideas you’d like us to do next.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

34 results found

1. Add message to emailed invoices and statements

When emailing invoices or statements to clients, it would be terrific to have the option to add a personalized message into the body of the email prior to the message being sent. As it stands now, I constantly have to follow my invoice emails with regular emails from my email program explaining something about their invoice or statement, etc. But then my clients are getting 2 emails from me, which starts to feel spammy...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Cathy Conrad responded

You already have a note field in the invoices. And you can customize the invoice email template. The system templates are in people>mass email>system templates and to the invoice template. This template goes out with each invoice. Here you can put studio wide messages about invoices. The notes section on the invoice itself is for personalized. I will put this under review for a notes section in statements.

2. Payroll - Half Hour Rate

half a half hour rate under the payroll feature. Most Canadian music school run half hour classes and pay teacher per half hour.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add a Total figure to the columns in the Invoice List

When viewing the Invoice List (and utilising the helpful filtering), please add a Total Sum figure to the two columns; "Total" and "Bal. Due".

I'm currently having to copy and paste the raw table (through multiple pages) into Excel, then cleaning up the copied data, all just to work out the total figure of the Balance Due.

Adding a simple Total value(s) to the table can help visualise cash flow.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Cathy Conrad responded

I put this under review but the Total sum would need to be in the payments list not the invoice list. The invoice list is just a list of individual invoices and what is due for that invoice only. I can see a need for a balance due in the payments list that reflects payments against invoices. You can also use the statement to see a list of payments, credits and any outstanding(balances due) over several invoices.

4. Future-Dated Payments & Reminders

We deal with many students who prefer to pay using a series of post-dated cheques.

We'd like to set up automated e-mail reminders to let them know that we will be depositing their payment. Currently, the only way I've found this is to do the following:

• Create / receive a payment with a future date
    • Create a calendar event for the payment (involves creating a separate location and separate calendar type)
    • Set up an automated e-mail reminder (which, unfortunately, goes to the student as well as the parent - no current workaround)
    • Make the event last from 12:00 AM to…
    6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add EFT Corp to the online payment systems.

EFT Corp specializes in working with non-profits and churches, and our studio is an outreach program of a church that already uses EFT Corp.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Accept ACH payments and automatically bill for accrued charges on student accounts from the "auto billing from calendar" feature.

It would be great if there was a way to accrue charges on student accounts for individual lessons from the calendar, choosing a start and end date (i.e. one month), and then automatically charge credit cards and withdrawal funds from checking accounts through ACH payments. This would be a convenience for both the studio and the students!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Export all INVOICE data as a CSV file

Please add the ability to export all INVOICE data as a CSV file. We are able to CSV export payment and expense data, but not invoices.

Whilst I'm not expecting StudioHelper to integrate seamlessly into every type of accounting system out there, the ability to do a simple text-based exports of invoices is vital, giving us the opportunity to link in to nearly all accounting packages, especially cloud-based systems such as XERO and SAASU.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  Cathy Conrad responded

Good News! We have moved this to the planning stage and will be working on the details for this.

8. Split an invoice to bill more than one person/party

The following scenarios require splitting an invoice and sending to two different persons/parties:

1) If a student's parents are divorced or separated, but share the cost of lessons
    2) If a student or class is partially funded by a third party. For example: We teach a music class to one of the Children's programs, which pays half of the tuition. The other half is paid through an endowment fund. Both entities need to be invoiced each month.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Online Payment options AUS studios!

Is it possible to have another online payment system other then Paypal for Australian users? Low fees and minimal fuss without signing up to Paypal. This would be good to include to option for some studios who run events or hire out studios to have ability to pay at the door with POS app device's too. More efficient and clean.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! We will be integrating Stripe as an additional option for you.

10. charge late fee

It would be great to be able to charge a late fee automatically to invoices that are past due (and have this be an option on each invoice). For example, we charge a $15.00 late fee for all tuition not paid by the 15th of that month. It would be nice to set our recurring tuition invoices to generate a $15.00 late fee when the invoice is not "paid" by that date (so by the 16th or whatever).

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Track outstanding invoices based on the day the students have their lesson

It would be nice to see who has an outstanding balance based on the day they are on the calendar. For example. It's Tuesday and I want to make a list of outstanding invoices for people who are coming in JUST on Tuesday.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. add a cash sale invoice so we can use it for studio's that have retail stores as also

for studio's that have retail stores as well need to have a cash sale invoice so the customer does not need to stand there while we input the 2 step process of creating an invoice then going in and paying for the invoice. In the cash sale you would enter the invoice and you would input how they pd cheque, cash or visa and then it would be marked pd all on the same page.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The idea of having to convert a payment to a credit is clumsy and adds unnecessary steps.

I don't want to have to apply money paid at a lesson as a CREDIT and make up invoices that will never be sent, in order to apply the credit. This should not be necessary. I just want to be able to add the money and send a receipt to the parent. Please add this option under payments.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I'd like to be able to make an invoice from automatic billing for more than three months

It would be nice to be able to choose the ending date for an invoice so I can use automatic billing from the calendar for more than three months. Many parents like to pay twice a year or year in advance.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have moved this to the planning stage as we are working out the details involved in doing this.

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base