Skip to content

Suggestions

Please submit your ideas here for how we can improve Studio Helper. You have 10 votes you can use to vote for the ideas you’d like us to do next.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

12 results found

1. Automatic recurring credit card billing!!!

To automatically charge credit cards for lessons, in place of just invoices. I like getting the money in the account, and not spending my time collecting invoices. The commitment to pay for lessons on a monthly agreement is much easier. I will use this program when monthly billing can be done automatically, not invoices.

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    11 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be great if you could give an option to include Danish KR (DK) as currency.

My academy can´t actually use Paypal because our currency is´nt included. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Entering Expenses needs to have the same 'Save and add another' option that adding payments for invoices has.

Each time I add an expense it goes to a different screen. It needs to have a 'save and add another' function. This would be a massive time saver.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. No longer charge for former students

Currently the software bills for inactive students and one has to manually delete any students that are currently inactive to avoid being billed for them. The additional charge per student is stomach able as it is assumed that if one has additional active students they will have be making enough money to not mind the additional little slice of the pie being given out. However, the deletion of former students messes up both some of the current reports, past invoices, and most of the records associated with the account. Please change the billing feature to only charge to active students…

125 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Payroll tool with only lessons paid by students that haven't been paid to teachers yet

We currently have to post the schedule and invoices in AIMsi and SH. This is the only way I can get an accurate listing of what lessons are paid for so teachers are only paid for those lessons. I emailed tech support a copy of the report I currently use, but we want to get away from AIMsi completely and can't until I can accurately do payroll without it. Having to run the schedule in both system is causing human errors and resulting in scheduling issues.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Track teacher pay rates, and reports for teacher performance

I currently use the lessons taught report and cross reference other sources to pay my teachers.

I would like to use studio helper to:
    - track pay rate by teacher
    - track how much I owe them
    - track/schedule payment dates

In addition, (another feature set) I would like to track teacher performance based on studio helper data including: Retention rate (average time a student stays with the teacher), trial lesson conversions, absenteeism, referrals)

I'm fairly new to the program so I may be missing the ability to do some of this already......

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Cathy Conrad responded

You will now see a rate tab within teacher profiles in order to list how you pay them. A report is next in order to track that pay.

7. Other Currencies

It would be great if you could give an option to include Norwegian KR (NOK) as currency.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Account credits need to show up on the invoice

If there's an credit on someone's account, there should be a line item in the invoice that adds this in. This way the client can see their credit.

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Cathy Conrad responded

We have implemented a better way of tracking credits. If a family has a credit, it will now show up in their money tab under credits. The statement view also shows the list of credits. It now shows in the payments list along with the credits list.

9. Search Bar

There should be a search bar under the Inventory section! It's a lot of work to scroll through every page of inventory to find one thing.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Fiscal Year End Tax Receipts

Our studio follows the school calendar and runs from September to June. In doing so, our school year bridges two calendar years.

Government tax credits are becoming available in Canada for people who have their children in music education. This will mean that parents will be wanting fiscal year-end receipts for all monies spent on lessons during the fiscal year (Jan - Dec) for their taxes. Simply sending them a copy of their paid invoices won't work well for this purpose.

We are wondering if there would be a way to efficiently create calendar year-end receipts for parents that will…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Link a class with a Fee

Our classes are curriculum and semester based (12 weeks at a time you sign up for) and so it is a pain to register a student for a separate package when really just by tacking a fee to a semester it will be much easier for me to invoice them.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You don’t need to create a separate package for each semester. You can create a package that’s a “Semester Rate”, and just invoice for it once each semester.
    If you want to attach a charge to a specific event, then use “Per lesson” as the package type, and choose it in the event attendance area when creating the event. See our video tutorial on “Automatic Billing” for details.

12. please let me chose a specific date when setting reoccuring invoices (example: 20th)

please let me chose a specific date when setting reoccurring invoices (example: 20th)

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can choose a specific date on a recurring invoice by changing the start date of the invoice to match the day of the month (or week, etc.) that you want it to go out on. For example, if you set your invoice date for Jan 20, and invoice monthly, then the invoice will created on the 20th of every month.

• Don't see your idea?

Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base