Skip to content

Suggestions

Please submit your ideas here for how we can improve Studio Helper. You have 10 votes you can use to vote for the ideas you’d like us to do next.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10 results found

1. Create Book and Pay function for NEW & returning students to register, book & pay for their own lessons, for efficient connection

While Studio Helper does allow new students to register, it would be helpful if it could be an instant registration that also allows them to pay at the same time. This helps us connect with new students and further guarantee commitment.

93 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Update "Updated Package Rates/Prices" automatically in Calendar

When you change a package/ rate (ie updating pricing for 2014) and there are events that have already been assigned a package with a price; the package field goes blank & the price remains at the old rate.

This is horrible when dealing with 300+ calendar events per week, having to go through and individually change each package to the new updated package (even though it was selected originally).
    This greatly affects billing from the calendar (as we almost sent out 500 invoices at our old rate, even though we had updated the package!)

It would be nice to see…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. If there is a negative number in the Balance Due field, there should be an option to add that to credit

If you remove a charge from a client's invoice after they pay, it will show a negative balance in the 'Balance Due' field. There should be a way to apply that remaining balance into their credit!
    With the current studiohelper set-up, if a student pays in advance for the month, and then cancels one of their lessons after paying, you must delete their and recreate their invoice, delete and recreate their payment, delete and recreate their credit. Please implement this modification, it would solve a huge problem for us!

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make A Choice For Grandparents Or Parents To Be Able To Pay For Invoices

Third party billing would allow for a grandparent or outside person to pay for lessons instead of having to make them the students parents.

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add a 'Fees charged'/transactions list

As in MTH, I can charge a fee anytime to a student, and it shows up on their invoice and transaction history. This is a great feature because I don't have to try to remember until the invoices are created at the end of the month. I can charge it as soon as it happens, and the invoice system pulls the info and includes on the total.

It helps me not forget money that is owed! I use this mostly for music purchased for students.

I think this would be a great addition to the current "add line item" feature.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  Cathy Conrad responded

Good News! We are planning this so you will be able to do this, in the coming months.

6. Export all INVOICE data as a CSV file

Please add the ability to export all INVOICE data as a CSV file. We are able to CSV export payment and expense data, but not invoices.

Whilst I'm not expecting StudioHelper to integrate seamlessly into every type of accounting system out there, the ability to do a simple text-based exports of invoices is vital, giving us the opportunity to link in to nearly all accounting packages, especially cloud-based systems such as XERO and SAASU.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good News! We have moved this to the planning stage and will be working on the details for this.

7. Online Payment options AUS studios!

Is it possible to have another online payment system other then Paypal for Australian users? Low fees and minimal fuss without signing up to Paypal. This would be good to include to option for some studios who run events or hire out studios to have ability to pay at the door with POS app device's too. More efficient and clean.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! We will be integrating Stripe as an additional option for you.

8. charge late fee

It would be great to be able to charge a late fee automatically to invoices that are past due (and have this be an option on each invoice). For example, we charge a $15.00 late fee for all tuition not paid by the 15th of that month. It would be nice to set our recurring tuition invoices to generate a $15.00 late fee when the invoice is not "paid" by that date (so by the 16th or whatever).

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The idea of having to convert a payment to a credit is clumsy and adds unnecessary steps.

I don't want to have to apply money paid at a lesson as a CREDIT and make up invoices that will never be sent, in order to apply the credit. This should not be necessary. I just want to be able to add the money and send a receipt to the parent. Please add this option under payments.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I'd like to be able to make an invoice from automatic billing for more than three months

It would be nice to be able to choose the ending date for an invoice so I can use automatic billing from the calendar for more than three months. Many parents like to pay twice a year or year in advance.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have moved this to the planning stage as we are working out the details involved in doing this.

• Don't see your idea?

Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base