Skip to content

Suggestions

Please submit your ideas here for how we can improve Studio Helper. You have 10 votes you can use to vote for the ideas you’d like us to do next.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

69 results found

1. Create a field for gender

When entering "people" data, I would like to suggest there is a option for Gender. In our multicultural society and with such a variety of names in existence, you can not always tell the gender of a person based on their christian name alone. Regards, Rachel

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  People  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Parent Import/addition to Student Import

When creating a new studio profile, it is very time consuming to have to enter all of the parent info manually. Since we can import the students, we should be able to import the parents too. Also, add column to the student import what family they belong to.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Cathy Conrad responded

This has actually been implemented. In the People list on the right hand side there is an import for parents. MTH users also have a direct import found in the settings tab.

3. Deal with forgotten login / password info on the *studio's* website - provide link to studiohelper.com site where they can be retrieved

A password can be reset on the StudioHelper site, here:
    https://www.studiohelper.com/users/forgotPassword

It's just that the client (studio) needs to direct people to that page
    explicitly on their site, for example, with a short message stating that is
    where they can deal with forgotten passwords. It's otherwise not clear on the studio side, as that message/link does not appear as part of the embedded html that makes up the remote login. There is also no fail mechanism that says "you've entered an incorrect password" when you hit "Enter" - the page just refreshes.

Please include that as a line of code…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have several ways to retrieve passwords. You can click the loss password link on the log in page, you can have the teacher change it for you or reset it for you and once logged in you can change the password.

4. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now hide all help messages by selecting the box at the bottom right of studio settings.

5. please let me chose a specific date when setting reoccuring invoices (example: 20th)

please let me chose a specific date when setting reoccurring invoices (example: 20th)

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can choose a specific date on a recurring invoice by changing the start date of the invoice to match the day of the month (or week, etc.) that you want it to go out on. For example, if you set your invoice date for Jan 20, and invoice monthly, then the invoice will created on the 20th of every month.

6. Entering Expenses needs to have the same 'Save and add another' option that adding payments for invoices has.

Each time I add an expense it goes to a different screen. It needs to have a 'save and add another' function. This would be a massive time saver.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. sort by teacher AND student for mass emails

I would like to send mass emails to the students of a particular teacher or teachers. There is no button that allows me to sort first by teacher, and then have the students of that particular teacher appear.
    This has been hugely inconvenient, especially since in the reports area, where I can sort by teacher and students, the email address does not appear in the roster, only street address. So I can't even copy and paste. The only thing that has worked thus far is if I log out, log in again as one of my teachers and then send…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Offer Tech Support via Skype Screen sharing (free and easy)

I can't tell if I'm doing something wrong or if StudioHelper is buggy. A 5 minute screen sharing session via skype would relieve months of frustration.

I've had way more trouble than success with StudioHelper. However I think they're on the right track and perpetually close to 'getting it right.' However after sending dozens and dozens (and dozens) of emails & screenshots, it seems I just have one problem after the other. I really can't tell if it's me, Paypal, StudioHelper etc.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Custom Permissions...Create, Edit, Delete events on calendar

It would be great if you could separate the Create, Edit, Delete events on calendar options under permissions. For example some instructors I allow more freedom than others to adjust their schedules. Likewise, I don’t necessarily want anyone to be able to delete events so it seems that this permission option should be more flexible. Is there a way to customize this per instructor?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m happy to report that the permission to delete calendar events is now separated from the permission to create/edit calendar events. Note that, if you have staff members who are designated as Studio Managers, their permissions override this since the software treats them as if they were the Studio Admin.

We appreciate the continued input from customers, and we hope you find this change useful!

10. Create a way to notify us if an email (or invoice, reminder, etc.) is returned.

Could we be notified if an email, invoice, reminder, etc. delivery to a parent failed? If there is a chance that a parent gave me an incorrect email address or if I typed it in wrong I will never know whether they are receiving communication from studio helper. The only way I am able to tell is by sending them my own welcome email through my business email address. This would be very helpful.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Allan responded

We have deleted the video tutorials in the Calendar page. Please go directly to Help page if you need to watch the videos again.

12. Add ability to send email directly from student/parent's profile screen

Having to use the mass email feature is tedious when I am dealing with a parent or student and need access to their information as I write them an email. I'd love to be able to have an option to 'email student' directly from their profile page.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Other Currencies

It would be great if you could give an option to include Norwegian KR (NOK) as currency.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Absent Lessons vs. Cancelled Lessons?

When lessons are marked as absent they no longer show up on invoices when they are updated or generated. My studio policy requires parents to pay for a lesson their child has missed without notice.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Calendar should sync to google calendar or outlook

I'm manually putting my calendar on my phone and google calendar. I'd LOVE it if the calendar would automatically sync to Google calendar online, or to outlook on my computer, or onto the studio computer. This option also gives us more printing options.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Studio Helper calendar does sync to Google Calendar, Outlook, iCal, etc. If you click “Calendar,” and look in the sidebar, there’s an icon there that’s for the calendar feed. Click it, and it will give you instructions for setting up calendar syncing.

17. fix the "remove" button to de-register a student for a class, or a certain number of classes

I have students who register, pay their deposit, and don't show up, or I'll add them to the calendar and they'll switch classes halfway through, etc.

Also, I give free trial classes so I'd like to be able to register a student for just one class out of a 12 week series so they get the reminders, etc.

However, this button does not work when you press "remove" on the student list. Even if you consequently press "remove for all following" they are only removed for that day.

Furthermore, if you register a student for "just today" they automatically get…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. i suggest that the Naira currency for the country Nigeria be included in your currency listings as studio business is big here

i suggest that the Naira currency for the country Nigeria be included in your currency listings as studio business is big here..

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Student Appointment list view

Right now when a student logs on to the calendar, they see everything. (Cannot wait until they can only see their family's appointments and other open class/lesson times).

In Music Teachers Helper I seem to remember that a student could see just their own schedule in a list view.

What I would like in Studio Help is similar to what you see under AGENDA right now -- but would only have that student's family appointments.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Allan responded

You can go to the Calendar Permissions (Settings > Permissions) and under the question “Which events should parents and students see on the calendar?” select “Their own events only.”

20. Fiscal Year End Tax Receipts

Our studio follows the school calendar and runs from September to June. In doing so, our school year bridges two calendar years.

Government tax credits are becoming available in Canada for people who have their children in music education. This will mean that parents will be wanting fiscal year-end receipts for all monies spent on lessons during the fiscal year (Jan - Dec) for their taxes. Simply sending them a copy of their paid invoices won't work well for this purpose.

We are wondering if there would be a way to efficiently create calendar year-end receipts for parents that will…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?