Skip to content

Suggestions

Please submit your ideas here for how we can improve Studio Helper. You have 10 votes you can use to vote for the ideas you’d like us to do next.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

140 results found

1. List Payments by Deposted Date

Currently listing of payments can be done only by Date, not by Deposited Date.

Would like to have the option to list by deposited date.

Reason:
    Created Date is 24th, but Deposited Date is 25th.
    I want to extract all payments deposited on 25th.
    Presently, this is not possible.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add a Staff Calendar

Add a Staff calendar so I can schedule my staff. It would allow the staff to login to see there schedule or allow me to send email reminders about special scheduling, studio weather related closings, school holidays etc.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can modify the attendance afterward by clicking the event from the calendar, and editing it.

For an attendance report, you can view or print the lessons taught report. It is filterable by teacher, date range and by student. You can also click to view notes and lesson cost. At the bottom for each teacher is the number of hours for attended classes, the cost of the lesson and hours of cancelled lessons. This report is exportable to your computer. It also shows which classes were attended, absent or cancelled

4. Allow a report option for students BY teacher and that shows the instrument/lesson

Please provide an expanded option under reports to list students BY teacher AND add the option to include the instrument/lesson the student takes. Having a master list is ok but unnecessary and inappropropriate for every teacher to have every other teacher's student list.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  Cathy Conrad responded

Your suggestion is currently on “under review” status. In the meantime, you can try generating a Teacher Roster Report which is a limited version of the report that you want to add in SH. The Teacher Roster Report can be found here – https://studiohelper.com/reports/teacherRoster
    not enough interest

5. Add Option to Receive Payment Without First Issuing an Invoice

Please add an option to allow sending a payment receipt without having to send an invoice. I have many clients who always bring payment with them on the day of the lesson. They don't need an invoice, but I really want to be able to send an invoice. It seems unnecessary to send an invoice to people who always pay at their lesson.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I suggest it is time for SH to update the area where attendance notes are placed.

I suggest it is time for SH to update the area where attendance notes are placed.

It is time to add the option to expand the place the notes are typed and to allow for other options in the text. Such as Bold type fount size bullet points.

It would be nice if I would be able to copy and drag what I type in MSWord and have it look just the same in SH with the spacing and so on.

Even MSN email has these options and it is free.

This update is far over due please make this…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make it possible to send an email to a single individual without having to go though filters

Currently, I can only send an email to an individual by selecting through a lot of filters. Please make it possible to select just by teacher and student filters. I accidentally sent a sensitive email to two parties, when another name was accidentally maked along with the one I intended, simply because my cursor slipped over the other name without my realizing it. I send out much MORE individual messages than group messages and all the filters slow me down and accidents can happen. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  Allan responded

You can send an individual an email by going to People > People List and then search for the name of the person you want to email using the search box. Then check the box beside the name of the person. Then select “Send email” in the drop down menu that appears above the name of the person to compose and send an email.

8. have a save option so you can save different teachers on any given day.

You should have a save option on the calender so you can set up your staff of teachers on different days. So when you switch from Monday to Tuesday you can have a total different line-up of teachers without having to filter or update the list. This would help for those schools that may have say 20 teachers on staff but only 5 or six teach on any given day.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Have a way to "hide" tutorials semi-permanently

It would be much more pleasant to use the system, if, after learning how it operates, to be able to semi-permanently "hide" the tips and tutorials on the sidebar. I get tired of "x-ing" them out and only wish I could remove the tutorials from the sidebar. It would make the page neater and move the material up higher on the page for viewing. Thanks for considering.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. add "repeat event by number of times they occur" under the add event category, so as to calculate the end date automatically?

add "repeat event by number of times they occur" under the add event category, so as to calculate the end date automatically? so as to calculate the end date automatically? Currently we have to manually count the number of classes and add an end date.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Track student progress and books/pieces students have completed

Under the student profile, have a way to list the books and pieces the students have completed. Then, be able to print this information as a report.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. set up the print to PDF feature so that the teacher name prints across the top and maybe the event location is posted with the event entry

print to pdf looks good. could you set it up so that the teacher name prints across the top and maybe the event location is posted with the event entry? I have several teachers that share 7 studios, and they are not always assigned to the same studio.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. add an option for applying discounts to packages.

We offer family and other discounts. It would be great if the percentage could be applied either to the package or to the total amount of the bill.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Not enough votes for this one. You can manually add discounts to individual invoices that you create for each family by adding a new item with a negative amount (denoted by a minus “-” sign). For example -10.

If you give fixed amount discounts on a number of clients, a workaround that I can suggest right now is to add a separate “package” with values equal to, lets say, 5% of a package with a negative value. For instance, Package A costs is $100/month. Create a corresponding "5% discount package for Package A amounting to 5% of $100 or -$5. Create similar “discount package entries” for your other packages. Your teachers and staff can then simply select this discount from the drop down menu while creating an invoice.

15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. add option to edit and resend a mass email in the email history

currently there is only "View" and "Delete" options.

• submitted on behalf of Mike Deangelis
    2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. further break down the accounting permissions for more flexibility

Our teachers collect payments from the students as we have no front desk person. When they are in SH they just need to know whether a student owes money or not - that is all they need to see and do. l need teachers to view student money owed and paid only. I don't want them to see other items like expenses.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Next Student Button

When I'm looking at a student's information, I want to be able to push a Next button, to look at the next student in the list

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Student Lead Lesson Swaps

We have a local competitor who only teaches one instrument and gives all the contact info of all her students out to her students so that if they can't make it to their lesson one week, they can put out a request that someone swap their time with them. A great idea that probably saves her a great deal of lost income and while I'm sure in one sense the parents are thrilled about it, some folks must not like the lack of privacy. I think this is a tremendous opportunity for StudioHelper. Ideally it would look like this: on…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Customize Language

I run a music school in Norway. For me(and other non-english music school owners) it would be great if we were able to translate certain things to other languages. I'm especially thinking of Invoices and other situations where messages are sent out to students and parents (I know email templates can be customized).

Also, in the remote registration form I can customize the labels, but not the intro text. Would be great if I could translate that to norwegian as well

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for posting this feature request. We do plan to make Studio Helper available in multiple languages, and will be working more toward this goal in the months ahead.

For now, a workaround that you can do which has worked for other multilingual studios is to use Google Chrome web browser to open Studio Helper. Google Chrome has a language translator plugin that you can install to convert English website content into Norwegian or any other major language. Here’s the link where you can download the Google Translate Plugin for Google Chrome – https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/aapbdbdomjkkjkaonfhkkikfgjllcleb. To download Google Chrome web browser, please go to this link – http://www.google.com/chrome.

For the invoices and other files, you may need to use a separate document translator.

• Don't see your idea?

Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base