Skip to content

Suggestions

Please submit your ideas here for how we can improve Studio Helper. You have 10 votes you can use to vote for the ideas you’d like us to do next.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

69 results found

1. Absent Lessons vs. Cancelled Lessons?

When lessons are marked as absent they no longer show up on invoices when they are updated or generated. My studio policy requires parents to pay for a lesson their child has missed without notice.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Show individual emails sent from SH.

At present, only mass emails are archived. It is convenient to select an individual to send emails regarding, schedules, payments, etc. Could you set up an email tab on the profile page that shows all email correspondence sent to the client? This would be extremely helpful to pull up a correspondence trail when needed.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Cathy Conrad responded

There is now an email tab in profiles where you can email that student, parent or teacher. Teachers, parents, students can now see email history in the email history tab of things they have sent. Admin will see all

3. Parent Import/addition to Student Import

When creating a new studio profile, it is very time consuming to have to enter all of the parent info manually. Since we can import the students, we should be able to import the parents too. Also, add column to the student import what family they belong to.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This has actually been implemented. In the People list on the right hand side there is an import for parents. MTH users also have a direct import found in the settings tab.

4. Change the calendar's delete all behavior.

After clicking the 'x' next to the date on the calendar to delete all events on a day, the calendar snaps your back to today. I think the calendar should stay on the week you were viewing when you deleted events.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is working as expected. While in week view, click the small x next to the day you want to delete. Once deleted, you are still in week view.

5. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Allan responded

We have deleted the video tutorials in the Calendar page. Please go directly to Help page if you need to watch the videos again.

6. Other Currencies

It would be great if you could give an option to include Norwegian KR (NOK) as currency.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Offer Tech Support via Skype Screen sharing (free and easy)

I can't tell if I'm doing something wrong or if StudioHelper is buggy. A 5 minute screen sharing session via skype would relieve months of frustration.

I've had way more trouble than success with StudioHelper. However I think they're on the right track and perpetually close to 'getting it right.' However after sending dozens and dozens (and dozens) of emails & screenshots, it seems I just have one problem after the other. I really can't tell if it's me, Paypal, StudioHelper etc.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Account credits need to show up on the invoice

If there's an credit on someone's account, there should be a line item in the invoice that adds this in. This way the client can see their credit.

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have implemented a better way of tracking credits. If a family has a credit, it will now show up in their money tab under credits. The statement view also shows the list of credits. It now shows in the payments list along with the credits list.

9. Search Bar

There should be a search bar under the Inventory section! It's a lot of work to scroll through every page of inventory to find one thing.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Calendar should sync to google calendar or outlook

I'm manually putting my calendar on my phone and google calendar. I'd LOVE it if the calendar would automatically sync to Google calendar online, or to outlook on my computer, or onto the studio computer. This option also gives us more printing options.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Studio Helper calendar does sync to Google Calendar, Outlook, iCal, etc. If you click “Calendar,” and look in the sidebar, there’s an icon there that’s for the calendar feed. Click it, and it will give you instructions for setting up calendar syncing.

11. Create a way to notify us if an email (or invoice, reminder, etc.) is returned.

Could we be notified if an email, invoice, reminder, etc. delivery to a parent failed? If there is a chance that a parent gave me an incorrect email address or if I typed it in wrong I will never know whether they are receiving communication from studio helper. The only way I am able to tell is by sending them my own welcome email through my business email address. This would be very helpful.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. fix the "remove" button to de-register a student for a class, or a certain number of classes

I have students who register, pay their deposit, and don't show up, or I'll add them to the calendar and they'll switch classes halfway through, etc.

Also, I give free trial classes so I'd like to be able to register a student for just one class out of a 12 week series so they get the reminders, etc.

However, this button does not work when you press "remove" on the student list. Even if you consequently press "remove for all following" they are only removed for that day.

Furthermore, if you register a student for "just today" they automatically get…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. have the option to send a welcome email when register a new family or student

In the add new family area have a option like Music Teacher Helper to send a welcome letter without having to go to the email section.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

At the bottom of profiles there is now a check box that you can check if you want to send a welcome email. The email templates are found in people>email templates>system templates

14. have the option to repeat tasks like we do for events.

This would be a great tool to remind instructors of tasks such as a reminder to complete their invoices. Also good to setup up a reminder for parents to pay their bills.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Fiscal Year End Tax Receipts

Our studio follows the school calendar and runs from September to June. In doing so, our school year bridges two calendar years.

Government tax credits are becoming available in Canada for people who have their children in music education. This will mean that parents will be wanting fiscal year-end receipts for all monies spent on lessons during the fiscal year (Jan - Dec) for their taxes. Simply sending them a copy of their paid invoices won't work well for this purpose.

We are wondering if there would be a way to efficiently create calendar year-end receipts for parents that will…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Remove the "Repeat Until" Requirement for Events

Anonymous wrote:

Hi there!
    Love the online app.
    Just one thing... I'm not sure I'm keen on the 'Repeat' requirement for events. What's the point of it? Because we have no way of knowing when a student will cease lessons, surely it would be easier to add a 'Until Further Notice' button, which will add the lesson to the calendar each week until we cancel it.
    Let me know what you think.

Thanks!
    Andy

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great news! We’ve been working hard on this feature and are excited to release it to you. We hope you enjoy this newest feature!

17. Give Administrator Priviledges to Staff Members

In order to run and hopefully expand my business, I need to DELEGATE.
    As a result, Staff members need to be able to change certain settings as well as see certain information.
    Here's an example: Staff Members can NOT see the "Students Birthdays" box on the right side of the Dashboard.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Link a class with a Fee

Our classes are curriculum and semester based (12 weeks at a time you sign up for) and so it is a pain to register a student for a separate package when really just by tacking a fee to a semester it will be much easier for me to invoice them.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You don’t need to create a separate package for each semester. You can create a package that’s a “Semester Rate”, and just invoice for it once each semester.
    If you want to attach a charge to a specific event, then use “Per lesson” as the package type, and choose it in the event attendance area when creating the event. See our video tutorial on “Automatic Billing” for details.

19. allow for lessons/events to be created at times other than on the hour and half hours.

Our studio uses the 15's and 45's instead of on the hour and halfs. I don't see where this is an option to use. Could this be an option?

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Studio Helper already allows you to create events at whatever intervals you want. The time selector works similar to Google Calendar’s, showing half hours and hours in the drop down list. If you want a more specific time, simply click the time field and type it in. You could even enter times like 3:27.

20. Be able to change/edit events from calendar view, rather than having to go to the event

You can currently "delete" an event form calendar view, which saves allot of time, rather than having to go to the event profile and click delete. It would be nice to have the option to set an event to canceled, or change title, or move time, without having to click to the event profile, and lose your calendar view. For example: if I get a call to change someone's lesson around, it makes it easy to just plug in the new time for that makeup lesson, rather than have to go to the event time, and make sure I'm not…

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

At this time, it is possible to cancel an entire event from the popup. The new drag and drop functionality allows you to change the date and/or time without opening the full edit screen. If different functionality is required, please enter a new suggestion for it so that we can evaluate the specifics involved.

• Don't see your idea?

Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base