Skip to content

Suggestions

Please submit your ideas here for how we can improve Studio Helper. You have 10 votes you can use to vote for the ideas you’d like us to do next.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

127 results found

1. Add an attendance summary to the Home Page

i want you guys to add a bar on tha home screen which can show me a summary of
    attended
    absent
    cancelled
    cancellation
    daily/ weekly and monthly. hope it can be managed
    regards. NMA Admn

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add options to the "Receive Payment" page

Add option to client dropdown area "Show only clients with outstanding invoices"
    Add check box for "Pay Invoice Balance" to Amount area. It's the only thing you have to type in, would be a timesaver.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. No Reply Option

Parents are 'replying' to the automated reminders instead of creating a separate email for a non-reminder related question. And, I'm overlooking them because it's connected to the reminder. Or, if I send a mass email & get multiple replies for various questions it becomes very cumbersome.
    It'd be very helpful for there to be an option for 'no-reply'.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow Payroll to be Sent Directly to Paypal

Is there a way that i can connect the payroll amounts to paypal and automate payment for my teachers?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please make the holidays on the calendar removable by the owner of the phone. They are annoying and distracting and take up spacel

Make the holidays listed on the calendar removable by the owner of the phone rather than permanent

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. COVID-19 : Reduce charges

Hello Cathy and all,
    I hope everyone is healthy and well. As you could imagine with COVID-19 we had to cancel more than 200 students. However it does not mean that this students will not come back to us after this crises. So I was wondering how you will charge us for these many people who currently won't take lessons and are not paying us . My suggestion is like all other business that came up with a solution for this issue, your company should also come up with some solution and help us to work out or cash flow.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do not charge for Former students. If you reduce the number of students who are not listed as Former, your price per month is reduced as well.
    At this time the software does not have a way for you to create additional status designations. I can make a couple of suggestions, however.
    1. You could add something to the name, like COVID or Hiatus or whatever would make sense to you, before changing the status to Former. When you are ready to reach out to them again, it is pretty simple to search on that to find them.
    2. You can add a note in the Registration Notes of the student’s profile. Again, using a search term that you’ve standardized can make it pretty easy to search for them in the People List by using the Advanced search and searching in the notes.

We have integrated Skype with our…

7. Past Due Reminder

Hi -

I have been using Studio Helper since 2015, and thank you so much for the great service.

I wanted to suggest one idea. I think it would be very helpful if we have a system template for Past Due Invoices.

With the current system, we can only re-send the invoice, which does not emphasize the invoice is past due. So we need to send a separate email to notify clients that this is past due. If you can add a feature to re-send an invoice with different system template from Invoice template, it would be very helpful.

Thank…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Cathy Conrad responded

Thank you for your suggestion. We will review this and see if its something we can do.

8. Default PayPal payments to statement balance instead of amount of most recent invoice

Right now, when a client receives a statement and clicks the link to pay online with PayPal, their payment amount defaults to the amount of their last invoice instead of the statement balance. Clients intending to pay off their account end up only paying for part of their statement balance. Changing the default setting would make my job a lot easier here.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion. SH is designed to pay for the current invoice at the time a link is clicked. You can have them manually pay you the past due amount and you can then apply to the various invoices that the payment covers. A statement is just a statement to let you know what the charges and payments are during a certain date period.

9. Add timesheet for hourly employees

I think it would be very helpful if you all could add a small module that would let hourly staff record their hours each day, so that I can import that into the staff payroll. Basically, now I am taking an excel sheet to calculate their hours (based on their time in/out) and then importing the total to the staff payroll, so I can pass that report to the lady that does the books/checks. If I could cut the excel part out, I'd feel a lot more confident that I didn't miss something (or enter something incorrectly). Anyway, I know…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion! We will review and see if this is something feasible to do.

10. invoice list should show accounts with credit remaining

On the invoice list it would be great if it somehow showed accounts that have a credit remaining. That would be helpful when sending out invoices so I can apply the credit before sending the invoice.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion. We will review and see if we can do this. It does sound like a good idea.

11. Allow Attendance page to filter by day

I often cannot check off attendance until the following day, and I have around 20-25 lessons per day. It's frustrating and time-consuming to have to individually set attendance for that many previous day's lessons.

If I could filter by day, then I could globally set all on a day as attended (which should be the default, not canceled, by the way), without accidentally setting attendance for events that haven't happened yet.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow Staff to filter family accounts report by instructor

Please allow the staff members to filter the family account report by Instructor. As the admin I am able to do this and it makes collecting the tuition's much easier because I can give this specific report to each instructor as needed

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion. We will look at this and see if we can get that implemented for you.

13. I really think we should have an option to show how much the parents are paying for each lesson. I log in as a teacher and when i check "

Hi cathy, I really don't think the teachers should see how much the parents are paying. As I log in as a teacher, i clicked "report", "Lesson Taught" and checked "show lesson cost", it shows that he supposed to make $1440 instead of $820 what I am paying for. He will feel bad about working for me and take all the students away from me. Please give the administrator to have an option to show the lesson cost or not.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  6 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Auto-Update "School, Grade" field

Right now, there is one field in the registration form called "School and Grade". Is it possible to make this into two fields, "School" and "Grade", and have the grade section automatically advance by one at the end of each August?

There is no way we can afford to pay a staff member to update the grades manually one by one each year, and if the field can't stay not up-to-date, it is useless.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion. We are working on upgrades for the end of the year and hopefully we can work on something for this for you.

15. possible event enrollment to show in the side column when the parents logged in?

Would it be possible to make "special event enrollment" to show up in the side column when the parents logged into the site? Please guide me step by step. Thank you!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Choi,
    Thank you for the suggestion. I will put it under review so we can see if we can implement that. Right now you do have an enrollment for you can use for open events on the calendar. However, you have to create them not the parent. If you need help please contact support@studiohelper.com

16. Practice Log

Add a search box for instructors to search on the students' name when pulling up their record. I use the Practice log to post student weekly homework assignments when they are at their lesson, and for students to log their daily practice time. It would also be nice to rename this tab so it would have a dual function. Being able to post homework assignments online is more efficient than writing in an assignment book. Additionally, when posting a new homework assignment, I need to be able to keep the view of the previous weeks' assignment as I am typing…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Birthday report

Please have birthdays for only active students. Or at least give option for active or former

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. set new students as 'primary billing contact' by default

It's currently possible to create and schedule a new student without identifying a primary billing contact, so that when invoicing is run from the calendar, if no billing contact was selected, no invoice is created for that student. If the 'primary billing contact' box was auto-checked (with the option to assign a different family member, if needed) this would eliminate that risk. Although this likely doesn't affect a studio whose clients are mostly children in families, this adjustment is necessary for any studio who works with a largely adult student population!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This may be something we might consider for the upgrade. We would have to determine how to make the default for everyone involved. Number of votes for this will help in determining if this is something we can consider.

19. create an alternative Practice Log design appealing to children

I'm curious whether the practice log feature has been popular in studios amongst the young students. Because I find the display is fine for adult students but for children it wouldn't be appealing enough to begin using it or to continue to do so in the long term. It would be nice to have an alternative display that has bubbly graphics, maybe something with stars or like this for instance:

http://www.rewardcharts4kids.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/musical-reward-charts-4.jpg

http://www.musicmotion.com/images/1525_l.jpg

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Easily allow admins to be teachers

It would be nice to have a streamlined way to allow admins (me, a studio owner) to have one login for admin and teaching. Currently I have to have a different login and email. If it could be one login, and then we could switch the view upon entering the sight.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7