Skip to content

Suggestions

Please submit your ideas here for how we can improve Studio Helper. You have 10 votes you can use to vote for the ideas you’d like us to do next.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

69 results found

1. fix the "remove" button to de-register a student for a class, or a certain number of classes

I have students who register, pay their deposit, and don't show up, or I'll add them to the calendar and they'll switch classes halfway through, etc.

Also, I give free trial classes so I'd like to be able to register a student for just one class out of a 12 week series so they get the reminders, etc.

However, this button does not work when you press "remove" on the student list. Even if you consequently press "remove for all following" they are only removed for that day.

Furthermore, if you register a student for "just today" they automatically get…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. i suggest that the Naira currency for the country Nigeria be included in your currency listings as studio business is big here

i suggest that the Naira currency for the country Nigeria be included in your currency listings as studio business is big here..

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Integrate Teacher Availability into Calendar

Please allow a tighter integration of teacher's availability into the calendar.

Currently, teacher availability cannot be seen in the calendar. Pop up messages will tell you if you added an event outside of the availability.

Would like to request that availability can be added in the form of something similar to events, where we can see them within the calendar. This makes it easier to do scheduling.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Since the week and day view show multiple teachers at once, it’s difficult to show availability visually in those views. However, the Teacher view will show available hours in light yellow.

4. Student Appointment list view

Right now when a student logs on to the calendar, they see everything. (Cannot wait until they can only see their family's appointments and other open class/lesson times).

In Music Teachers Helper I seem to remember that a student could see just their own schedule in a list view.

What I would like in Studio Help is similar to what you see under AGENDA right now -- but would only have that student's family appointments.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Allan responded

You can go to the Calendar Permissions (Settings > Permissions) and under the question “Which events should parents and students see on the calendar?” select “Their own events only.”

5. Link a class with a Fee

Our classes are curriculum and semester based (12 weeks at a time you sign up for) and so it is a pain to register a student for a separate package when really just by tacking a fee to a semester it will be much easier for me to invoice them.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You don’t need to create a separate package for each semester. You can create a package that’s a “Semester Rate”, and just invoice for it once each semester.
    If you want to attach a charge to a specific event, then use “Per lesson” as the package type, and choose it in the event attendance area when creating the event. See our video tutorial on “Automatic Billing” for details.

6. Reports Feature Request

Could you please keep this request for when you review the reports and add the email address field in the Registration report.

I hate to be a nag but I have requested this twice before in my 2 years using Studio Helper.

Thank you
    Ben
    OPUS Academy

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Fiscal Year End Tax Receipts

Our studio follows the school calendar and runs from September to June. In doing so, our school year bridges two calendar years.

Government tax credits are becoming available in Canada for people who have their children in music education. This will mean that parents will be wanting fiscal year-end receipts for all monies spent on lessons during the fiscal year (Jan - Dec) for their taxes. Simply sending them a copy of their paid invoices won't work well for this purpose.

We are wondering if there would be a way to efficiently create calendar year-end receipts for parents that will…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Money  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. allow for lessons/events to be created at times other than on the hour and half hours.

Our studio uses the 15's and 45's instead of on the hour and halfs. I don't see where this is an option to use. Could this be an option?

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Studio Helper already allows you to create events at whatever intervals you want. The time selector works similar to Google Calendar’s, showing half hours and hours in the drop down list. If you want a more specific time, simply click the time field and type it in. You could even enter times like 3:27.

9. Update the gender selection to list personal pronouns instead of gender classifications

Hello, I am the executive director at St. Joseph's School of Music.
    Can the gender qualifier on the student profile page be changed to "preferred pronouns". This would be a more helpful and specific designation for our staff and teachers, instead of male/female/not specified.
    Drop down options should be:
    not specified, she/her, he/him, and they/them.
    The default should be "not specified" (rather than male, as it currently is!)
    This is becoming an important issue at our school, and I imagine is or will be for all schools in the near future.
    Thank you.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)